The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can one of you guys tell me if it is possible to reload 7.62 Nagant brass. I am thinking of buying one of the revolvers and I would want to reload for it.
Also does Lee sell dies for this caliber?

· Registered
19,158 Posts
do a couple searches in this area. there have been a couple discussions on the nagant reloading. i can recall at least 2. there were some good questions kicked around about reloading.. including types of dies to use to get a taper crimp.. etc. ( m1 carb I believe).

If you have fired nagant brass.. check to see if it is berdan ( 2 offset flash holes ) or boxer. I havn't fired any to check my prvi/ppu stuff.

i know that didn't answer any of your questions.. sorry. good luck though.

i hope to be reloading for it soon as well.

· Registered
19,158 Posts
i would 'guess' any of the milsurp is gonna be berdan.... and of the 'new' stuff.. I just havn't fired any of it yet to check.. my luck it will be brass cased.. but berdan. seen that plenty.. :)

· Registered
18,148 Posts
the PPU is boxer. and yes you can reload it. You will most likely need to find a bullet mold for .32 cal wadcutters (search bullet molds for the .32 H&R family) Another way you can make good plinkin ammo is with .32 cal roundballs for cap n ball revolvers. just a light charge of trailboos and push a roundball into the case and crimp over it.

Lee does make the die sets...
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/64...t-762x38mmr-revolver-forming-from-32-20-brass

and Dardas offers .32 cal wadcutters.
http://www.dardascastbullets.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=dardas&Category_Code=32WC

· Registered
546 Posts

· Registered
18,148 Posts
and it actually flies straight enough to plink with? :)
Yep. youd be suprised how accurate a roundball load is in a cartridge gun. One of my favorite pest control loads is .451 roundballs run thru a .431 sizer die and loaded 2 stacked in a .44 mag case with 8 grains of unique. You get 2 bullets per shot and they dont spread apart much at all inside 25 yds.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.