The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up 160 rds. of 7.62x51mm NATO marked ammo at flea mkt. Thought I got huge bargin, but when I got home and refigured I had paid $.45 per rd. ($72 for all 160). This is beautiful clean stuff headstamped BF 79 68 and NATO circle with + in an opened heavy green plastic carry bag. I checked on headstamp and it seems to be Portuguese? I know the bargin went out the window, but at least did I get it for a 'reasonable' current price?

· Registered
18,462 Posts
That's not terrible bad. It seems high to me, since the last I bought was 17 cents. But I have seen it upwards of a buck. So 45 cents ain't too bad.

· Premium Member
33,025 Posts
You didn't tell us what bullet weight they are, if you know. On line you can purchase 146 gr. bullets for around $79.99 per 200 count.

· Registered
18,462 Posts
Carver - bullets or ammo?

80 bucks for 200 bullets is outrageous, but 80 for 200 cartridges is cheaper than I've been seeing.

· Premium Member
33,025 Posts

· Registered
3,128 Posts
everything I'm seeing for new ammo is well over a dollar/round. Mil surplus can still be had cheaper but it's stupid expensive so I think ya did OK.

about a decade or so ago, I purchased a 10k round pallet of 7.62 surplus ammo delivered for $1100. I would kill for that deal again! I'm sure a 10k round purchase nowadays would earn you a visit from the ATF, cripes

· Registered
18,148 Posts
yeah and prolly cost 2500 bucks..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.