The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Pistolet Automatique cal 7.65 MAB Brevete model D. It worked well right up to the time it stopped working. It no longer goes click when you pull the trigger. I think it may have to do with the magazine safety feature or the grip safety. My gun smith was at a loss. Know any one in PA that is up to the task of fixing it?
John McKay [email protected]

·
Registered
10,633 Posts
I moved this to the Tech Questions forum where it will be better seen. :)

·
Registered
18,034 Posts
I have a Pistolet Automatique cal 7.65 MAB Brevete model D. It worked well right up to the time it stopped working. It no longer goes click when you pull the trigger. I think it may have to do with the magazine safety feature or the grip safety. My gun smith was at a loss. Know any one in PA that is up to the task of fixing it?
John McKay [email protected]
have you taken it apart.. the grips anyway, to look at the parts and how they function.

though not completely related.. a friend has a bersa 380 that stopped going click too. after a disassembly, I noticed a spring under one of the grips had become dislodged.. resetting the spring fixed it... just taking it apart and watching the function of the parts and looking at their relationship to each other as you palpitate trigger / hammer many times gives you clues.

if you can get an exploded diagram it may help as well.

good luck

·
Banned
5,428 Posts
You are going to have to disassemble it. No way around it.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I have one of those! As you know its hammerless... First, the MAB wont fire if the magazine is not installed! There is a cam that pushes against the magazine to drop the sear.... no mag.. no dropped sear! Second, is the firing pin engaging the sear and staying back when you cycle the slide? Third.. grip (back strap) safety! Got to squeeze the MAB firmly! If your good on the first 3 points... now you need to look at the trigger transfer bar... if it is worn out at the trigger.. (small pin rides in the trigger) or worn at the sear... the sear wont move far enough rearward and drop clear of the firing pin.
I have a post here on TFF "MAB Model D fixer upper" that has a-lot of detailed pictures of the inner working and "exploded" view of the parts....
Hope some of this helps...
Shawn

·
Registered
490 Posts
Oh.. and Check the firing pin spring! That can be checked by just taking the slide off the gun!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts