Dismiss Notice

Please be sure to post images when you're asking what the value of your firearm(s) is. We find this to be a necessary tool when determining a value. 

7.65 walther

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by goldy, Apr 21, 2009.

1. goldy

goldy New Member

Hi new to this forum. thankyou for letting me join. Just got this from my dad it was grandads. been in storage for a long time, maybe 50 years or more. could I get an aproximate value and should I shoot this thing? thanks goldy

Attached Files:

2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

No idea of value, but certainly shoot it. I think if Grandpa knew you had it and didn't shoot it, he'd be upset.

3. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

I would say with all you have with it over a grand. But you know personal value is always much higher than monitary value.

4. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

That spare magazine looks wrong, to me. Aside from it not being a finger-rest (should be one flat-bottom, one finger-rest), it also looks too long. Looks like a PP mag. Ain't nothing wrong with that. I buy PP mags for my backups. An extra round is always nice. But that needs to be considered when placing value.

5. Danny

Danny Member

:):):) Wow Goldy you have one just like mine. The only difference is mine is a boxed 1932 & yours is a boxed 1934. You have it all except the finger ext mag.
    The extra mag u have is for a PP not PPK. I have been offered 3 grand for mine. It is a fantastic outfit indeed. Do not shoot it as you may damage the grips from the stress of that little 32cal bullet. If you need a mag I have an extra. Just email me & we will talk.
    I know alot of the members are scratching their heads on the value, but consider this- a box with matching number to pistol, $200. The original owners manuel- 175 dollars. The cleaning tin-150. A cleaning rod-125 and a pistol in that condition,a good 2 grand.
    Keep the bore & the rest of the firearm oiled and put it in a safe friend. In 10 years it will be a 6k gun for sure. Hope this helps?
    Danny:)

6. goldy

goldy New Member

Thankyou for your reply. I will keep it in a safe. goldy

7. flwink54

flwink54 New Member

I have the same Walther box that has my minty, never fired RZM ppk. The only difference is the 3 bullets are in an almost triangular wooden holder (not a rectangle like this one) and is positioned above the tin box.
    My Walther tin box has an oil can in it that looks like a 'miniature milk can' with a cork top still filled full with oil. It also has 'hair' in the box which may of been used for cleaning. This is the first one I've seen that is similar to mine. Mine also has a cleaning rod wrapped in the original wax type paper.
    Thanks for sharing the picture.

Mike

8. Danny

Danny Member

Could you post a pic of it? Sounds just like mine.
    TIA
    Danny:)

9. denny 714

denny 714 Member

Hi flwink54,
    Yeah, to be able to see some pictures of your pistol would be a real treat...!

Denny G.