8mm FN49 muzzle threads?

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

flashbang
    (1/29/02 7:14:50 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All 8mm FN49 muzzle threads?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi,
    I have a 8mm FN49 with muzzle threads of unknow size. Does any one know what size thread it is? Best I can tell is that it's 14mm, but I don't know the pitch ie. M14X1, M14X1.25.
    Thanks for your input.

Bob In St Louis
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (1/29/02 9:51:37 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: 8mm FN49 muzzle threads?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I own several FN49s, but frankly, I can't tell you what the thread pitch is other than it is metric. I have a couple of basic articles on the rifles and an exploded diagram of the rifle parts, but I can't find the thread pitch notation anywhere.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

LIKTOSHOOT
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (1/29/02 10:20:14 pm)
    Heck, I googled for a hour and came up with zip-nada. I ain`t even got one.....DURN!! Wanna buy a duck??

Goose52
    (3/14/02 7:47:52 pm)
    I don't have any personal experience, but I've seen a number of posts that say that the thread on the muzzle of the FN-49 is the same as that of the German G3 / HK91 / CETME. So, muzzle devices for those firearms should theoretically fit on the -49.

I saw another post where someone thought it the -49 thread was 15mm right hand but didn't give the pitch.

HTH

Goose

2. geoh777

geoh777 New Member

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The pitch is M15x1 RH on both the 7x57 and 8x57 barrels. The muzzle brake from the Venezuelan 7x57 fits on the 8x57 barrel in every respect just like it does on the 7x57 barrel.
    geoh777

3. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Dang, that thread had been dead for 13 years!! I'm putting it back to sleep!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.