The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other than who got paid to make the gun, is there a significant difference between the Italian made 92FS and the U.S. made 92FS? And if so what? There is a local sale on the Italian made [$629] and I have always been interested in the 92FS.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

·
TFFWPP President
13,897 Posts
I'd like to know myself. my 92a1 is Italian and aside from the plastic recoil rod I am quite happy

·
Premium Member
13,016 Posts
Wow, 629.00 is a sale price? I normally sold them for 559.00 regular price but I guess things are different all over......

·
Premium Member
19,874 Posts
From what I have learned they are the same gun in every way. When the USA made one's 1st came out the the finish was not as good as the Italian made. Now they are the same. I have seen gun shops sell the USA made for more and a store down the way sell the Italian one for more. Its the same gun.

·
Registered
10,066 Posts
DASMAN:

Taurus also made a 92 clone with their name on it. It was made on Beretta tooling and machines left behind by Beretta when they fulfilled a military order for the Brazilian military back in the 1970's or early 1980's. They also sold the 99 which is the same gun with adjustable sights, but apparently no longer.

I had the 99 bought in the late 1980's new. It was an excellent gun (except for the adjustable rear sight which fell off twice until I "fixed" it myself). I gave the gun to my adult son as a protection gun for his home. It still works perfectly to this day. It saw a lot of use by me since at one point it was my only pistol and I shot at the indoor range every week.

http://www.taurususa.com/gun-selector-results.cfm?name=Large Frame Pistols&page=2

The current Taurus pricing is under $500 street, assuming you can find one (Good Luck). It may be that you have to buy what you can find regardless of the pricing.

LDBennett

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
RE Taurus 92, thanks, I check em out!

Yes, out here on the lower left coast pickins can be slim. We even have a representative based out of Berkeley that wrote and is looking for support on his bill AB 48.

"AB 48 Skinner (D-Berkeley) would ban the sale of any device that is capable of converting an ammunition feeding device into a large-capacity magazine. It also requires that dealers report ammo sales to the CA-DOJ. And it requires notification to local LE agencies whenever you buy a (yet to be specified-could be 1,000 rounds or 5 - fill in the blank) amount of ammo."

The way it is written, possession of a screwdriver, pair of pliers, or Dremel would get you jail time. You can’t make this stuff up!

http://www.turners.com/news/getinvolved.php

1 - 6 of 6 Posts