The Firearms Forum banner

9mm Range report

3K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  AR guy 
Feels good to fire ammo that you handcrafted, doesn't it? Groups will shrink with time and tuning your loads. Looks like the pics uploaded ok from the laptop:)

Yeah Woolley I had to use the laptop thanks. Yeah it does feel good, but I gotta say I was a bit scared firing the first round just because I kept thinking did I seated to far, did I put too much powder in, you know just things like that. Boy I was happy when the first round shot good. I was relieved. And happy.
the only better feeling in regards to shooting that I've found than pulling the trigger on my first reloads; was watching my son shoot his first reloads.

I gotta say me too, I just made sure I shot 1 or 2 first just for safety and then the rest was mostly his.
How old is your son? Mine was 10 when I started him into reloading, he is now 12 and loves to reload. Still loves to "unload" more, but he does quite well at the bench. I mostly just watch and double check just for safety's sake.

After the range I went to the local gun shop and bought a Taurus pt92 9mm. It's a Christmas gift for the boy. He's been showing me that gun for weeks now o he will be surprised when he gets it.
That's gonna make him happy!! Now you both have a few weeks to get some more reloading done and you'll have plenty of range fodder. My son only has 22's thus far, he loves the little Sig Mosquito the best. He's going to get a hunting rifle this next summer, not sure which one yet, but it will be a 7mm-08. He's shot my 1911 and all my other handguns, except he's only shot 38's in the Blackhawk. I'll let him have some 357's soon though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.