The Firearms Forum banner

9mm target pistol purchase

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Rugermanws 
#1 ·
My target distance is 25 yards and with 9mm ammo still reasonally price I was thinking either one of these, a Springfield XDM 9 or a Glock model 34. Both have the rear adjustable sights and are more designed for target shooting although the round capacity is more than I would use for target shooting. 19 rounds in the Springfield and 17 rounds in the Glock. I'm still waiting for the new Ruger SR1911 to show their face in Penna. If you own or have fired either one of these let me know about the pros and cons. Thank you in advance.

#2 ·
IMO they are the same chunk of candy in different wrappers. Go with the one that fits your hands the best.

#5 · (Edited)
The Glock 34 is the way to go. I have an XDM 9 and there is no comparison. That gun is just scary accurate if you know how to use the trigger. Not a big fan of Glock triggers but after putting in a Sherer 3.5 lb disconnector I am mostly happy. Add a C-More STS sight and you are ready to rumble. Many championships have been won with this gun.

#6 ·
I have a Beretta 92. It is a very good shooter. With the right ammo it is very accurate. My son has the Ruger SR9c and it shoots just as well. Both good options.

#7 ·
I have shot a Beretta 92 and I do like the gun. By my name you can see I am a Ruger fan as well. Here where I live the Glock is Cheaper than the Springfield. The best price here for the Model 34 was $599.00. I've never owned a Glock and I'm used to these triggers because I own a Taurus PT111 and if you squeeze on Monday it breaks on Thursday. I know the Glock has to have a better trigger than my Taurus. Thanks for all your feedback.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.