A airbus just crashed in Queens???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ruffitt, Mar 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

TallTLynn
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (11/12/01 9:41:06 am)
    | Edit | Del All A airbus just crashed in Queens???
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    They just aired it on Good Morning America. Said it looks like a airbus from American airlines had crashed and several buildings were on fire - then said they would go back to Good Morning America?

What the hell is going on now?????????????

Update - it's an airbus not the original 767 they said. But it crashed in a very heavily residential area of Queens.

American AIrlines Flight 587 inbound to JFK Airport - supposedly lost an engine. An engine loss on take off is a major problem and planes usually don't make it off the ground. An engine loss on approach to land is something that can normally be handled and you can land a plane safely.

This is not fair on those Firefighters and the people of NYC! They've been through quite a lot since September 11th and this if the plane really did crash in a heavily populated area might just be a little bit much for even them all things considering.

Plane crashed at 9:17am EST - and now they are saying it might not be an inbound flight but an outbound flight. All airports in NYC are now shut down.

Edited by: TallTLynn at: 11/12/01 9:55:34 am

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (11/12/01 9:54:37 am)
    | Edit | Del Re: A 767 just crashed in Queens???
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Heard the same thing. Its on the news now as I type this.

Good question???? I hope its just an accident, if not some heads are gonna role.

Confused? Don't be so sure.

ibtrukn
    (11/12/01 10:47:12 am)
    Lynn, yes, its ok to cry, I can't hardly see as I post. Perhaps the worst part of this crash, if there is such a thing as "worst part", is the plane came down in the section known as the Rockaways that was home to many of the firefighters that lost their lives at Ground Zero. Now also their wives and children?
    But do not wonder about their ability to deal. They are AMERICAN. They are MEN. They are members of the FINAST fire department in the world. The same for the NYPD and the EMS of New York

REST ASSURED....THEY WILL DEAL!!!!

ibtrukn

TallTLynn
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (11/12/01 10:52:33 am)
    ibtrukn - I do realize they will cope at this moment...but to happen so close to September 11th, the plane to crash where so many firefighters and police officers who died came from is so tragic.

And yes I've been crying since it started and am not ashamed to admit it.

BlackGun
    (11/12/01 11:08:57 am)
    Let us take a moment for a prayer for all envolved!
    rules for survival: Sight alignment, Breath control, & Trigger Squeeze
    BlackGUN

ibtrukn
    (11/13/01 10:03:59 am)
    Yes Steve, indeed let us ALL take a moment.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.