The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,113 Posts
After my son having a few pet goats on their property and he loves to shoot I found this interesting quote from a Revolutionary War English General. Just sharing it, thought it was funny but pretty cool. View attachment 255951 View attachment 255952
I have done that for a historical re-enactment at Fort Ticonderoga. Even with the road that ran to the top dragging an iron 3 pounder to the top of what is now called Mount Defiant was warm work. How the British did it, well I'll give them high marks for determination.

·
Premium Member
3,761 Posts
On this side of the lake and Mount Independence. Its to bad the didn't do Hubbardton Battle Re-Enactment this year. I love going to it.

·
Premium Member
2,113 Posts
Mount Independence used to put on a very good event too. Every ten years or so, some fool, er.., serious re-enactor would get victims/re-enactors to willingly hike from Orwell to Hubbardton the day before the Hubbardton event. That, following the original path of the troops fleeing Ticonderoga as closely as possible, was about 25 miles. In 18th century gear that adds up to some sore feet. Some have done it once, a few die hands have done it twice, and I know exactly two, myself not included, who have done it three times. Re-enacting is a strange hobby to people that have never done it. But I always enjoyed the visitors to events, they always had questions and some were remarkably knowledgeable about their history.

·
Registered
Couple wall hangers
10,140 Posts
...and the British proceeded to lose Ft. Ticonderoga.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know it's off topic but I just started reading this book again and highly recommend it for people that like studying the Revolutiony War. It goes over many of the old newspaper articles and editorials from the colonists themselves. There are also battlefield letters and similar things throughout it. I have not finished it yet but so far it's pretty good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts