A Bullet Question

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 7, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns Guest

5 Ohh Stang
    (2/12/02 11:02:06 pm)
    Reply A Bullet Question
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A friend gave me a handful of some Remington Long bullets. They are VERY quiet, in my Marlin Semi-Auto about all you hear is the spring in the gun .

Some people told me they are Sub Sonics, but the only Remington Sub Sonics I can find are Long Rifles . So does anybody know what he gave me ? And has anybody used the Long Rifle Sub Sonics, if so are they quiet ?

Thanks
    1998 Z28 M6 (Free Mods)
    1992 Mustang GT

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/12/02 11:54:07 pm)
    Reply Re: A Bullet Question
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Welcome, it is nice to see a Ford hot rod fan.

I shoot the Aguila sub sonic long rifle and they are quieter.

I did not think anyone was even making .22 longs anymore. But I may be wrong. Are they old?

The quiet ones are kind of nice.
    We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans... -- Bill Clinton, US President (USA Today, 11 Mar 1993, page 2a)

shooter22
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/12/02 11:55:33 pm)
    Welcome 5 Ohh Stang! there are many different brands of subsonics in Long rifle. My preference is Eley. Aguila makes some. They are great for squirrel hunting. The only thing you must make sure of it thaat they complete the shot,slide action, without jamming. Do a Google search at the bottom of the page and type in "22 sub sonic".

5 Ohh Stang
    (2/13/02 8:53:27 am)
    Hey thanks guys.

Yes, the bullets were old. A retired cop from Florida gave them to me .

In the semi-auto they won't complete the action, you have to shoot them like a single shot, but I am getting a bolt action this weekend. Probably another Marlin, I've had good luck with them .
    1998 Z28 M6 (Free Mods)
    1992 Mustang GT

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/13/02 9:09:02 am)
    Hi 5Oh Stang.......Welcome to TFF!

2. Jim Bell

Jim Bell Guest

CCI make and still sell a "CB LONG". They are dead quiet out of my 52B sporter but they drop off quickly after 50 yds. I use them to pop Squirrels in my garden. I live in Canada and they are available here.
    Jim