A cane for self defense.

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by ms6852, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Catman1942

Catman1942 Well-Known Member

i have three hollow metal canes which i use all the time. 3 because i cant remember where i set the last one i was using down. if i wanted to make them more effective in use at protecting my self with i would fill the hollow part of the cane with lead shot. gives it weight and strength. may just do that.

flboots likes this.
  2. ms6852

ms6852 GUNZILLA Supporting Member

My cane is similar to the one below. Though the point is not sharp, it is an extremely effective point that if used properly and pressure is applied it will render the assailant useless from pain depending how you hook them, like the fleshy part of the thigh, or groin, back of neck, you are limited by your imagination or limitless accordingly. image.jpeg

Empty_Holster likes this.

3. Clipped-in

Clipped-in Well-Known Member Supporting Member

There are close combat techniques for dealing with a staff or a cane. Like any hand tool, one better be sure he knows what he’s doing, lest he lose an eye or something...

4. aarondhgraham

aarondhgraham Well-Known Member

Go for the shins,,,
    I can tell you from experience.

A hard knock on the front of the leg just below the knee,,,
    Will make a full grown man fall down crying.

I've been on both ends of that shot.

Way back in the 70's when the martial arts movies had everyone wanting to carry nunchakas,,,
    The only weapon my karate instructor would teach was a simple cane/walking stick.

Poking, sweeping, shin blows,,,
    All better than trying to hit someone on the head.

Aarond

5. ral357

ral357 Well-Known Member

Worked with a fella named Herb. He stayed with us for a while till he got on his feet and his own place. He fancied himself as some kind of marshal arts master. He was fond of the "chucks" as he called them, always making a show of it. I was in the kitchen making my lunch when he comes in and starts up with his routine . I asked him to wait till I cleared out. So I'm in the living room eating a sandwich when I hear this thunk clunk then nothing. I go in to see what's up he's sitting on the floor not looking too good. The silly [email protected]$##[email protected] hit himself in the head and knocked himself silly:eek:
    Practice makes perfect:rolleyes: