A day to say thanks to Bill and Jim....

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by hrf, May 10, 2014.

1. hrf

hrf Well-Known Member

Big Shrek, WHSmithIV and Lanrezac like this.
  2. 45Auto

45Auto Well-Known Member

The H&R Book which our two departed brothers in arms collecting worked on so hard to prepare is now available. I placed an order today and I look forward to reading it.

www.gunshowbooks.com

WHSmithIV likes this.

3. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

I noted earlier in the General forum, my copy is on order and I consider it a tribute to Bill and Jim.

Lanrezac likes this.
  4. 45Auto

45Auto Well-Known Member

My copy arrived today. As expected it is well written in Bill's usual style. There is considerable data to be found in this book which cannot be found in any other publication. Unfortunately, alot of data did not make it into this addition because of the untimely death of Bill and then Jim. For exameple, the thread on The American Double Action revolver previously posted in this forum has alot more in depth information on this model which never made it into the book. The publisher encountered a great deal of trouble getting the book into print and should be congratulated on the effort. With increased interest in H&R revolvers I'm sure we will see revised editions with more info to come.

Big Shrek and Lanrezac like this.
  5. knight0334

knight0334 Active Member

Hopefully either Bill or Jim has an heir interested in following through with their work.

I'm not sure Jim's children were all that interested in his H&R/Charter Arms/Iver Johnson work. I don't know if Bill had any offspring to carry on his work.

BTW - I'm still saving up for a copy of this new book. I'm working from notes I took from Jim's postings and our private conversations. I know there is more to be had with this book.

6. Twaits

Twaits Member

Awesome. I will order mine today as well.

7. Twaits

Twaits Member

Got my copy in the mail today. What a great book! I was surprised at how big it is. Roughly 3 times the size of the Iver Johnson book.
    But H&R made a LOT of rifles and shotguns as well. I see why the book is $90. The cost to make this book must have been 30 or 4o bucks.

8. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Well-Known Member

9. fishhead

fishhead Member

I say thanks every time I open that book!