a few thoughts on anthrax

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ruffitt, Mar 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

gpostal
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (10/30/01 10:07:00 pm)
    | Edit | Del All a few thoughts on anthrax
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ok I know polish I am being paranoid ,but just because I am ,doesn't mean I am wrong

I have been thinking about this anthrax ,just like everybody else ,and a few things puzzle me

first of all, we are led to believe osama bin-laden has something to do with it due to its timing ,and then maybe Iraq
    but why would someone with access to major biological weapons release such a low grade form of a weapon

the anthrax released is not much worse than a bad flu
    if it was someone that really wanted to do harm why just anthrax? terror? i dont think so

one ideal is it is just a American nut case like kazinski ,my other I will keep to my self for now

-----------------------------------------------------------
    now look at the places they are looking for anthrax ,government buildings ,post offices ,etc. it is popping up at allot of these places ,but my concern is how many shopping malls have they tested ? how many colleges and children's schools have they tested ?, everytime they test a government building it seams to show up

now as a former short time postal employee ,I got a good feel of how the mail works or shall I say doesn't work , what most people don't see is the lost mail that gets sent around the country everyday, I have seen letters from several states away going to other states at our post office ,and send them back only to see them again and again , I have seen letters from different places stuck together , now seeing the inner workings in a small office and how a big distribution center works scares the shite out of me , I once saw a package that appeared to be leaking blood get all over around a thousand pieces of mail {turned out to be raspberries} ,I have had to deliver a letter in a baggy with just a address because the sorting machine ate the rest of it

each and every letter is handled more than you think ,the opportunity for cross contamination is so high ,the letters received that was found to have anthrax rubbed so many letters and hands ,and postal employees are not required to wash their hands {myself I am a compulsive hand washer} because I live in B.F.E. doesn't ease me a bit because I know how true the post office works

don't like the wife working there ,not to crazy about going back to work there myself

AntiqueDr
    (10/30/01 10:23:32 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: a few thoughts on anthrax
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    As far as biological agents go, there are much worse than anthrax. Dont get me wrong, in concentration and in the right circumstances, anthrax can be deadlier than a nuclear weapon, pound for pound. In the 70's, several bio-war studies were conducted on the suitability of anthrax and other agents. It was determined through computer modeling that 100kG of truly weapon-grade anthrax released in the vicinity of DC, with just the right weather pattern and a semi-effective aerosol dispersal system, could result in from 250,000 to 3 million casualties with an 85%+ fatality rate.

There are other agents that are much worse.

I am reminded of the Japanese domestic terrorism incident in their subway system involving Sarin gas. Sarin is a potent organophosphate-based nerve agent. The antidote, pralidoxime, has to be administered within a very few minutes or it is irreversible. Fortunately, the dispersal system used by the terrorists in that incident was incredibly inefficient and bungled. Also, remember the incredibly amateur contaminations of salad bars in the Pacific Northwest here in the States?

If the persons involved in these recent anthrax exposures actually have access to a significant quantity of "the good stuff," why are the piddle-dicking around? Because they only have enough to do a little bit, and they are depending on Psy-Ops to do the rest. And the media and the public are playing right into it. This absolutely smacks of home-grown fanatics.

So, my days at the office are busy with compiling protocols, response plans and classes dealing with Emergency Response to Bio-Terrorism and WMD. We have a LOT of volunteer FD's in our response area that are getting a bit over the edge.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

Tac401
    Administrator
    (10/31/01 12:01:29 am)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    This just in:

A woman in NY is in critical condition tonight
    from the inhaled form of Anthrax, the part
    the authorities can't figure out is how she
    contracted the stuff as she doesn't work
    in any place where she would have likely
    picked it up.
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

AntiqueDr
    (10/31/01 12:06:29 am)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Then that makes her a possible conspirator, doesn't it...

www.apaxenterprises.com

gpostal
    (10/31/01 12:15:53 am)
    | Edit | Del Re: a few thoughts on anthrax
    I agree doc why are they playing around ,part of my point I don't think it is terrorist

and on the second ,if it is a amateur hopefully they will contract it and have to give themselves up , but then again maybe she just got mail that brushed against a contaminated letter ,read it threw it away

Tac401
    Administrator
    (10/31/01 12:18:10 am)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Doc,

I think it's being put into ventilation systems in
    a stab and run at any varios locations in Manhattan
    which isn't hard to do at all in any of the 5-buroughs.

AntiqueDr
    (10/31/01 12:21:37 am)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    I think these people may have shot their wad. They did their mailouts to high-profile targets for media coverage. They got the attention and effect they wanted. These residual cases are either: 1) a bonus, or 2) woops! we screwed ourselves.

www.apaxenterprises.com

Tac401
    Administrator
    (10/31/01 12:27:23 am)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    I'm also wondering if yesterday's warning to the
    country may have been extra precaution due to
    halloweeny!

Different name
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (10/31/01 1:43:26 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    a few thought on anthrax
    It would appear that a central form of communications is needed....rather than a question and answer knee jerk reaction with the general public mostly through TV.....

This type of deadly exposure involving the citizens of the USA, should be treated as a very high priority among the powers that be!

Is CDC the LAST to HEAR?
    IS the HOMELAND "Effort" getting their act together????
    You can go on and on...I'm not poor mouthing anyone or anybody, but where is the reasoning behind keeping the public properly informed?
    "A 61 year old woman died early today."...because she was an AMERICAN!
    I am Proud to be an AMERICAN!
    Charlie D
    Note: How long would the second world war lasted if we were confronted with 24 hour news coverage by CNN, NBC,CBS,NCBS,ABC, FOX, etc. etc.?????????
    (Makes long for fireside chats, doesn't it?)

Tac401
    Administrator
    (10/31/01 6:27:04 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: a few thought on anthrax
    I agree Charlie, I just hope they know what they're
    doing.

obelix2
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/1/01 7:45:28 am)
    | Edit | Del CDC?
    Aren't those the guys who consider firearms a major health hazard? Kind of gives you confidence.

On media coverage: At current rates (roughly 200 hours per casualty) WWII would be good for about half a million years

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.