A Gorgeous and Different Taps

Discussion in 'VMBB General Discussion' started by Marlin, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

This item is gorgeous and, perhaps, out of this world. Chief sent it to me and asked that we share it with all on the Forums.

It is "Il Silenzio" played by a gifted youngster. "Il Silenzio" is derived from our familiar "Taps".

It evoked tears of joy and a whole host of other emotions when I heard this rendition.

Everyone enjoy !!!!! Just click below adn turn your speakers way up - -

http://geeks.pirillo.com/xn/detail/2300301:Topic:1933721

2. Magnificent Marlin!!!! There is no sound like a trumpet played as expertly as that young lady can make it sound. That particular piece of music never fails to bring tears to my eyes--and memories to my mind.

3. rooter

rooter *VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff* Supporting Member

Thank You, Your Honor....I'm so glad you were able to post that..I was very overwhelmed when I heard that yesterday and sent it around to my addresses....many of them got back to me with remarks such as yours...There is another musical arrangement with the same ability to stir the emotions..... There is a blind Italian tenor, ANDRE BOCHELLI (SP) and a female opera singer SARAH BRIGHTMAN, doing a score called 'TIME TO SAY GOODBY'....Son John knew her former husband, ANDREW LLOYD WEBER who SARAH used to sing with...I think he did the muscial arrangement PHANTOM OF THE OPERA. Yup, thanks again Marlin... Chief

4 min 22 sec - Dec 11, 2008 -

Sarah Brightman - Time to Say Goodbye feat. Andrea Bocelli2.flv ... Time to say goodbye - Sarah Brightman and Andrea Bocelli ...
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbN0g8-zbdY

4. crnuge

crnuge New Member

Beautiful! Thanks for posting.

"Il Silenzio" may be derived from the same source as "Taps", "Taps" being adapted in 1862 by the Union Army Brigadier General Daniel Butterfield. "Il Silenzio" was written in 1965.

Interesting article on Taps found here:
    http://www.west-point.org/taps/Taps.html

5. rooter

rooter *VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff* Supporting Member

WELCOME ON BOARD, SIR...I NOTED THIS WAS YOUR FIRST POST...STICK AROUND AND FIND OUT ABOUT THE SITES, BOTH THE VIETNAM SITE AND THE FIRE ARMS FORUM....PLEASE TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF...ARE YOU A VET---WHERE DO YOU CALL HOME? DO YOU HAVE A MUSICAL HERITAGE? I'M RETIRED NAVY AND I'VE BEEN AWAY FROM THE SERVICE SO LONG THAT IS CERTAINLY DOES FEEL LIKE HAVING LIVED ANOTHER LIFE...KNOW WHAT I MEAN? NOPE, I'M NOT AND INDIAN OR EVEN IN CHARGE OF ANYTHING WITH THE TITLE OF CHIEF...THAT WAS MY NAVY RANK AND PAYGRADE...WHEN FOLKS GET UPTIGHT WITH ME, THEY MIGHT CALL ME A THIEF OR A BANDIT---THAT'S BECAUSE I WAS A NAVY SEABEE (CONSTRUCTION) AND WE HAD TO DO STEAL OFTEN TO GET THE IMPOSSIBLE AND UNBELIEVABLE TASKS ACCOMPLISHED...SEE THAT, WE LIE TOO!!!!! CHIEF

6. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Note the correction in our original post. Thanks for pointing that out to us.