A Gun Auction

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pinecone70, May 2, 2009.

1. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

I drove to a DNR confiscated gun auction this morning, only to discover that it was a huge waste of time to drive all that way. The auction center had a viewing line out the front door and all the way around the back, two times the length of the building and two or three people wide. There were at least 2,000 people at the auction. There were only 300 guns up for auction!

Waited in the viewing line for a bit, then left. There is no way I'd bid on a gun without even seeing it. They had to bring in more portable toilets....

2. pawn

pawn Active Member

sorry it was a bust :(

3. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

This is why I'm not attending a gun show for the next 6 months at least. The attendance levels are through the roof for anything gun related. :eek:

4. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

I know its after the event, but just for the record, most auctions issue a catalogue or list before hand and will accept written bids. High value auctions will even accept telephone bidders.

I used to use auctions a lot for gun buying. The good thing about written bids is you can figure what you would be prepared to pay, and if you get it, great. If not, no harm done or cost to you in $ or time.

One problem with being there if there often seems to be some idiot prepared to pay whatever it takes for the gun he wants, even over list price..Plus you can get carried away. Though it is fun.

5. 38 special

38 special New Member

The prices are also over the top for almost anything. The last 3 shows I went to were useless NOTHING was priced reasonable. Im not going to any for the next 3or4 months

6. catfish83861

catfish83861 Active Member

That is of course "IF THEY STILL HAVE THEM" by that time frame. catfish