A little help?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1952Sniper, Mar 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

280freak
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/25/03 9:53:30 pm)
    Reply A little help?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I wanted to print out a certain post from a certain thread to give to a friend. I tried highlighting just the post that I wanted, right clicked and hit "Print" in the box that opened up, thinking that only what I had highlighted would print out. Wrong-o, Keebler!

Instead, the whole dang page printed out, taking SEVEN freaking pieces of paper to do it!

Is there any way to only print out one post of a thread?

Yabra Kadabra Doo
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/25/03 9:55:56 pm)
    Reply Re: A little help?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just copy and paste it into Word.

SouthernMoss
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/25/03 10:14:25 pm)
    Re: A little help?
    After highlighting and right-clicking, choose "selection" in the print dialog box that comes up.

280freak
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/25/03 10:29:24 pm)
    Yabra Kadabra Doo -

Where do I find "Word"? Not kidding, I really don't know.

Southern Moss -

I don't get an option called "Selection" in the box. Closest I get is "Select all", and that just highlights everything on the page. I'm running Windows95, if that helps.

SouthernMoss
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/25/03 10:39:04 pm)
    I'm sorry. My message wasn't clear. Highlight the text you want, then right click and choose Print. After the Print box comes up, look for a section called Print Range. Click on Selection in that section, then click OK. I'm using Win98, but it should be the same for Win95.

280freak
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/25/03 11:17:15 pm)
    Southern Moss -

Hey hey hey! It worked! Just printed out your post, thanks fer the help, appreciated it.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/25/03 11:19:52 pm)
    I have always wondered how to do that without going to WORD. Thank Southern Moss

SouthernMoss
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/25/03 11:24:38 pm)
    You're welcome!
    <curtsy>

I thought you needed a proper curtsy Hope you don't mind.

Edited by: warpig883 at: 2/25/03 11:35:53 pm

Yabra Kadabra Doo
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/25/03 11:30:42 pm)
    Cool! Learn something new everyday.

pickenup
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/25/03 11:56:30 pm)
    A person never knows what he will learn here.

SouthernMoss
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/25/03 11:58:57 pm)
    Thanks warpig! That's perfect!

I'll have to steal it for future use.

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/26/03 7:22:44 pm)
    Reply Hey!
    Warpig, Ya'lls a showoff with all your nufangled animations(stole it anyway!)...Southernmoss, Thanks! for the "Puter" lesson...Some'a these guys really need it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.