A new Glock 26 is on its way!

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by bestseller92, May 13, 2009.

Tags:
  1. bestseller92

bestseller92 New Member

Well, not quite "on its way" yet -- my money order still has to get there and the guy still has to ship it, but....

After debating for a week over a Glock 26 or 27, and even briefly flirting with the idea of a Kahr CW9, I nabbed a new G26 yesterday morning on BrandX for $499, plus $15 shipping. I hesitated and missed out on an identical deal on a G27 from the same seller two days ago, and when I saw the G26 yesterday morning I "pulled the trigger hard and fast".

Obviously I haven't received it yet, let alone shot it, but I'm all aquiver just the same. I plan to use it as my primary CCW gun, making it the lead dog in my CCW pack, which currently includes a G22, a Taurus .38, Bersa .380 and a Ruger P95 9mm, P97 .45 and SP101 .357.

I also ordered a Dual Carry IWB holster for it from DeSantis. I have one of these for my G22 and like it a lot. Hopefully they'll arrive at about the same time.

I've wanted a "Baby" Glock for a long time, and I can't wait for this new addition to the "family" to arrive!

Last edited: May 13, 2009
  2. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Congratulation on the new addition.

3. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

Nice going! I ahve 3 Glocks but no babies. Maybe I should start thinking about one.

4. pawn

pawn Active Member

congratulations. enjoy your pistol :)

5. I can say from my own experience you won't be disappointed in the pistol, Best. I have one, and it has become my favorite carry weapon. I suggest you invest just a few bucks more and get yourself some Pearce extensions for the magazines. They make the pistol much more comfortable to shoot, and much more controllable, by providing a rest for your pinky finger. They also add one more round of capacity to the magazine. You will find the pistol is extremely accurate. The only caution I might mention is don't shoot lead bullets through it, or any other Glock pistol! The octagonal barrel of the Glocks does not mix well at all with leads. ;)

6. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

You mean hexigonal barrels don't you Pistol?

7. Six of one, eight of the other, Jackson. :D;):p Yeah, I meant hexagonal. Math was never my forte. :rolleyes:;)

8. bestseller92

bestseller92 New Member

I'll probably just use the stock mags, without extensions. I have an aversion to putting anything in or on my GLOCKS that's not made by GLOCK. The only aftermarket doodads I'll use at all on my non 1911 handguns are aftermarket grips and MecGar mags.

9. noslolo

noslolo New Member

If it's about Glocks and Pistolenschutze recomends it, I would think long and hard before I dismissed it!

10. bestseller92

bestseller92 New Member

I'm not dismissing it because I think it's a bad idea -- I'm sure it has a lot of merit. I'm simply personally uneasy about putting anything on my Glock that's not made by Glock. This is mere personal preference on my part.

11. To each his own, Best. I will say, however, the Pearce grips fit only onto the mags, not the weapon itself, and I have found them to be of excellent quality and indistinguishable in color or material type from the rest of the magazine. After you fire the Glock a few times, you may find you need that additional pinky rest for better control, especially if your hands are on the large side. The shortness of the grip is the only real drawback on the baby Glock pistols.

12. bestseller92

bestseller92 New Member

Thanks. I might try the extensions at some point. I know lots of folks swear by them.

13. bestseller92

bestseller92 New Member

Finally got the gun today and love it. Put about 60 rounds of a mixed lot of FMJ and JHP through it so far and it shoots like a dream -- chewed the center out of every target at 10,15 and 20 yards. I won't use it for CCW till I put a couple hundred more rounds through it (and until I loosen up the ultra-tight DeSantis Dual Carry I got for it), but it's a great shooting little gun.

14. rjgnwdc

rjgnwdc New Member

That is one ugly gun... :eek: but to each his own, what'd you have to give for it?