A note to all of TFF about language...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Crpdeth, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Well-Known Member

Thus far, we have leaned towards allowing certain words to be permitted if it was "kinda censored", but lately have been having a hard time deciding what is allowed and what is not... It truly isn't a matter of how we speak when we know that there are no young 'uns around, it is just a matter of trying to control the content on TFF that the youngsters are viewing...

So if you don't mind, lets try to stop getting around the censor by placing an exclamation mark instead of an i, or typing ugly words that are discernible, because certainly, there is no reason to even have the rule if you are going to just find a way around it.

Words like damn and hell, are, in most of our opinions okay, we aren't trying to make you stop and think about every slang word before you post, but I think most of us know which ones are off limits.

The Pumphouse will continue to have quite a bit of sway, but for the rest of the forums, please help us "Mod Folks" out a little bit and tone it down for us?

TIA for your help. :)

Crpdeth

2. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

That will make it impossible to quote newscasters and the denizens of holyweird. Oh well, why would I want to quote one of them. Never mind.

3. Very well clearly worded, Donny.

4. killbuck

killbuck New Member

How's a Marine supposed to say any thing then? It's in our blood. LOL

5. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

So basicly what you are saying is that **** is off limits as well as ******* or *%&(%^^ and maybe even **%%$&* ?!! :D:D:D:D;)

Is that correct? :D

mike
    gn

6. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

If you would be embarrassed to have your Mom read it, then.......:eek:

7. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Killbuck, I remember the internal battles that took place when I was home on leave - I had to stop and think about EVERY sentence to keep from throwing in a @&$ or a *#^* completely by accident. I know one guy that managed to clean up his act for several hours, but the evening of his first day home, the entire family was invited over for dinner to meet and talk to him. I guess all the noise and clatter sounded SO much like the chow hall, that at one point in the meal he shouted "Pass the #(*$&%# potato's!".
    He said everyone froze, and you could hear a pin drop - - -

gn - even the Pumphouse does not allow **%%$&* ?!!
    That is simply WAY over the top.

All kidding aside, donnie, I certainly agree with this. This is a family safe forum, and we should all speak the way we would in front of our wives and kids - and the NEIGHBORS wives and kids as well.

8. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Thinking of others? It has my support.

Bad language has its place, when someone drops a thunderflash behind you and you find out when it goes off! TFF is better, IMMO without it.

9. A good standard, Bruce. That's more or less what we mean. Keep in mind, folks, we all know what such words mean; they're no surprise to anyone. It all comes down to a sense of what is appropriate in a given venue. What is fine around a campfire on a hunting trip with a bunch of guys, is not likely to be appropriate when out to a fancy dinner party with your wife, boss, or minister along! :eek::D

10. killbuck

killbuck New Member

I was just joking....LOL
    Hey at my age I really don't cuss that much anymore....I don't think.

I even have a bar of soap next to my keyboard for a reminder. :)

11. muddober

muddober Active Member

My mom was killed during bar fight while working as a madam in a brothel so I don't think I could use any language that would offend her if she were still alive. Does that give me a free pass?:)

12. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

you should hear my mom:eek::p My grandmother was worse. She could cuss a sailor under a table:D:D

13. Bruce FLinch

Bruce FLinch New Member

We'd give you a one time allowance, but I think you used it up last time you posted...:D :D

14. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

N O !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

It is a shame you guys can't clean up some of the crap we here in films and television.
    I think that over 99% of it is unnecessary.