The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought this for my wife for Christmas, because she wanted one. I tried to tell her it wouldn't be fun to shoot but she wanted it anyway. Let me say she shoots my 1911s very well in short sessions. It is a Ruger LCR .38 Sp +P.

The first time at the range she shot it 10 times and declared never again. This was with non +P 800 fps semi wadcutters. I've shot .44 mags in both cowboy and service style but this thing hurts to shoot it. It weighs a tad over 16 oz loaded.

I've ordered a different grip (black) and now have to go shopping for another present for her.

·
Super Moderator
41,338 Posts
If she can handle the 1911, I don't see how the LCR could not be handled by her. I had one and I thought it shot very easy and with little perceived recoil. It is a good gun for concealed carry being that it is so light. I carried mine in a Desantis pocket holster in my front left pocket. I traded it for a 9mm and I do wish I had it back

·
Premium Member
3,922 Posts
The LCR is my carry gun and I also find it easy to shoot with recoil not a problem. I had a S&W 649 before which is much heavier and I don't see a lot of difference recoil wise. Sure is nice and light in the pocket.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts