The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was a nice warm Sunny day. Tonight not a cloud in the sky. No Moon showing (Yet at least) Stars are beautiful. Temp is down to 57 degrees and falling. It will be much more comfortable tonight for sleeping.

·
Premium Member
7,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well Our beautiful weather lasted for a day and a half. Started raining about 3pm today, not a star to be seen. Rain is forecast to continue for the rest of the week.

·
Premium Member
7,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Updated weather here. Rain and wind has increased and is forecast to last through mid October. the wind speed increased early (4 am) to about 70mph. Flagpole needs another repair session or replacement.

I have the Generator fueled up and ready just in case.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
So far we had 2 days of dry here in NE Florida. This is after a month of raining just about every day. It is nice to walk on the grass and not have water coming over your you footwear.

·
Premium Member
7,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We are in an El Nino~ right now and the wind and rain are very unpredictable. And to add to that Thunder Storms are predicted for tonight. At least we are not in a very dry condition now. It may lead to power outages though.

·
TFF Chaplain
18,863 Posts
breeze at 70 degrees.
That would be an east-northeast breeze? Sorry. Couldn't resist.:rolleyes:

We had rain, wind in Shetland over the last few days, and some fog but it calmed down and the sea was a millpond for the overnight voyage from Shetland to Aberdeen. A little bumpy through the Roost--that region just south of Shetland where the Atlantic meets the North Sea. Now, it's mostly sunny with rain showers and gusty breezes. Temperatures about 60.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Weather here is fine. It prefect for the start of fall/hunting season. The start of deer/bow season will start next Thursday, it is supposed to be lows in the upper 40s & highs in the upper 60s that should be enough to get the deer feeding. You couldn't ask for much better than that.
Now as long as one of the hurricanes don't pass through & mess everything up, I'm ready.

·
Premium Member
11,182 Posts
Were it not so dry our weather would be perfect, late September weather. 70's during the day, 50's-60's at night, cobalt blue skies, hardly a stitch of air moving, beautiful....except that it's dry as a popcorn fart. Hasn't rained since sometime in mid-August I think. I know it hasn't rained at our house this month.

·
GUNZILLA
5,974 Posts
Updated weather here. Rain and wind has increased and is forecast to last through mid October. the wind speed increased early (4 am) to about 70mph. Flagpole needs another repair session or replacement.

I have the Generator fueled up and ready just in case.
Have you been affected by smoke from all the fires? My father said a couple of days ago it was hazy and according to the news it was the smoke. He lives in West Texas and I found it to be odd.

Reactions: BlackEagle

·
Premium Member
7,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No smoke here at all. Today it has been raining since about 10PM last night. I did get a chance to make a JB Weld repair on my flag pole yesterday, my poor indoor/outdoor cat has been through 4 cat towels today. At least I don't have to water any out door plants or what we call our lawn (Dune Grass and Dandelions). with the winds and rain we did lose Cable and Phone for a few hours.

Went to town a while ago, 4 accidents in the 4 mile stretch, nothing serious but insurance claims, All cars with out of state plates (guess they didn't know not to speed on wet roads). High temp today 58 degrees.

Reactions: BlackEagle
1 - 13 of 13 Posts