aaahhhhhhh....

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Guest, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

rayra
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/2/02 10:36:54 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All aaahhhhhhh....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.45 ACP, 200gr LSWC, 6.0gr Win231, x (500).

Smoky14
    (1/3/02 4:41:40 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: aaahhhhhhh....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you use for overall length? What is the bullet profile.

I've been working on one myself and can't get under 3" at 25 yds.

loader44
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/5/02 11:17:35 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del 45acp
    How about : 5grs Red Dot, 230gr ( FMJ or RNL, does not matter ) M.O.L. 1.190, 910fps. 1 1/4 inches @ 25yrds consistantly. Works great in my 45, have been using this load for 5 years. Used it to take my C.H.L. scored almost perfect, 245 out of 250. I still think my wife shot my target.

Hope this helps in some small way.

loader44.

rayra
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/7/02 2:41:40 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: 45acp
    just under standard OL. I'm using a Dillon case gauge, and stuck a micrometer on'em, but don't recall off the top of my head.

Rich

AGunguy
    (1/7/02 9:24:09 pm)
    raya, looks like some nice buddets. Nice job.

GG

the real fredneck
    (1/8/02 7:47:31 am)
    loader44
    when I had my 45 I used a lot of Red Dot and like you it shot real well but was filthy burning have they improved it?

rayra
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/8/02 2:14:20 pm)
    I used to use Unique, thought it was too dirty, now messing with Win 231 and 296, they aren't much cleaner
    Shot a box of factory rounds the other day, then switched to my reloads, and that's when I noticed the smoke

tuckerd1
    (1/8/02 2:57:48 pm)
    I've heard a lot about Hodgdon Clays for the 45 ACP. Supposedly good performance and very clean burning. Dunno personally, just what I hear.
    "They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor safety." (...Benjamin Franklin, 1759)

loader44
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/8/02 11:04:03 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del 45acp
    the real fredneck, it had gotten a lot cleaner in the last two years. when I first started loading 45acp 5 years ago, it was the FILTHEST powder I used, very clean now though.

But even if it still was filthy, I would still use it, works great in my 45. Have not found anything that works as well. In my weapon that is.

jmtcw

loader44