ABC 20/20

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by army mp, Apr 11, 2009.

1. army mp

army mp Member

Am I the only fool dumb enough to have lost sleep, To watch that piece of one sided, yellow journalism? Last night I knew it was going to be a Train wreck. But I took my Blood pressure Meds and did it any way. It was bad enough, with the way they rigged there class room scenario, but at the end, they threw in their Fictional Fact that they could not find one documented case where a Gun had actually prevented a crime. You would think at my age I would have known better.

2. artabr

artabr New Member

3. LurpyGeek

LurpyGeek Active Member

I couldn't watch more than 15 minutes of it. I've already sent a complaint to ABC. I'm listening to a local firearms radio show right now and the head of the Utah Shooting Sports Council says he stopped taking notes on the program half way through because they were lying faster than he could write.

4. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Oh, this is going to be fun...

From http://www.gunfacts.info/pdfs/gun-facts/5.0/GunFacts5-0-screen.pdf Page 17

Also, since preventing a crime would imply reducing the total number of crimes, let's look at concealed carry successes in FL.

From http://www.justfacts.com/guncontrol.asp#Right-To-Carry Laws

In fact, concealed carry laws work so well, 39 other states in addition to FL (40 total) have shall-issue laws or better.

From http://www.gunfacts.info/pdfs/gun-facts/5.0/GunFacts5-0-screen.pdf Page 10-11

5. army mp

army mp Member

The sad part, this piece of trash will be written in stone, by the gun grabbers for years to come, as the holly grail of journalism. No facts, one sided dribble. But most only hear what they want and think. it was on TV so it must be true

6. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

I try never to hate, but I strongly dislike the people that wrote that program.

7. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

l liked how they picked that little terd with puppe dogs eyes at the end to say Mr. Obama will you do something?

This little boy witnessed a murder. He asked the police if they caught the guy. The police know who did it and have witnesses but the witnesses will not come out to testify for fear of being killed. What kind of message does that send to the criminal.

this is when you need Paul Kerzee to take care of business. Cause no body else will.

8. army mp

army mp Member

I just love how the main streams media and liberals. Believe that all will be right in the world with just one more law. Now I may be wrong but in Mexico, Drugs and guns are illegal , but don’t they have an over abundance of both.

9. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

I didn't even bother to watch what I knew would be an agrivating, one-sided piece of liberal brainwashing bilge. From reading a few of the comments on the 20/20 website, I see ABC's ratings dropping in the near future, not that I care, I never watch anything on ABC anymore.

10. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

hehehehe...go get 'em ponycar17:D:D

11. Thomas_1

Thomas_1 New Member

I liked the way they started the program saying this is not about pro gun or anti gun! What a croc, it was all about anti gun!

12. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

ANY time the "fair and impartial" mainstream media even mentions guns, it's ALWAYS anti-gun.

13. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

There for a while I was doing that kind of rebuttal on the http://wyff.com website comments section ALL THE TIME!!! :D Several stories were changed to address my comments or removed from the main page entirely. One story was actually rewritten with all the references I proved as false removed, my comments were deleted and the ability to comment was turned off. That was within an hour or so after my sole comment went up. No one else replied before the story was altered and comments turned off. ;) They had reposted an AP story about Michael Bloomberg's concern over crime guns coming from SC and even restated that same old tired myth about gun shows. That was truly willful ignorance... :rolleyes:

On another local site, I inundated one of their reporters who was flagrantly anti-2nd in her report, with a ton of facts. I copied the news desk with my email to this reporter. The reporter didn't respond. A person at the news desk actually sent me a 'Thank You' email back stating that he is pro-2nd and iterates those same points all the time but no one at the station is interested in hearing both sides. :mad:

Know where to get your intellectual ammunition and practice often. :D

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  14. delta13soultaker

delta13soultaker New Member

Don't stop at writing ABC.

Here's the Brady Center. http://www.bradycampaign.org/

They claim guns kill 80 Americans a day. (That's 30,000 a year.)

Here is the proposal they sent to Obama; attached obama transition memo pdf.

Buying ammo isn't going to save our rights. Burying our weapons isn't going to save our freedoms. If you feel like complaining...tell every news channel, every gun control organization, and your reps at state gov and in DC.

I also attached a book written against the gun control argument that exposes the angles of their agenda; attached stop0584

Attached Files:

15. Haligan

Haligan Well-Known Member

Diane Sawyer !?! I'm shocked ! :eek::rolleyes: