? about kitty

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cycloneman, Apr 1, 2009.

1. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

got a cat that loves to work with me. sits on my desk waiting for me to crumple up a sheet of paper so he can chase it all around the room. once he is done he takes the paper and brings it to his water bowl. he then puts the paper in the bowl, in fact he puts anything he plays with in his water bowl. what is this cat thinking when he is doing this? any ideas?

2. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

I think it's his way to lay claim to it. That water dish is HIS...so anything he puts in it is his also.

Either that or he's trying to wash it.

3. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

We have a cat that plays with a piece of yard trimmer string. It will disappear
    for a while but always ends up in her food dish the next morning. I guess it's
    a cat thing.

4. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

I agree with 22WRF; It's a cat thing. The only way to fully understand it, is to go where it originates, and you don't want to go there (shudder!)!

5. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

It's kitty's way of claiming victory over a plaything, the thing is placed in kitty's private bowl.

And well, cats are just weird.

6. artabr

artabr New Member

I've had cat's all of my life (51yrs) and I've never seen them do that, I don't doubt it, I just haven't seen it. :)
    Leaving mice on the doorstep or bringing me their victims is a different story. :eek: :D

Art

7. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

We have a cat toy box. We are constantly going around picking up toys and putting them back in the box. Now, two of the cats have started putting their own toys back when they are through with them.

That is just fine, until Xena decides to put one away and BB is still playing with it. :eek: :D

Pops

8. 1shot1k

1shot1k Former Guest

What is any cat thinkin about ever...sides his/her self...? or another cat. Ive never heard of "property places" with cats...but I guess its so....

9. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

I thought about this subject awhile before posting. We have 3 cats all indoors. They do all the antics listed in the previous postings. It was left out that they see things that humans cannot. Are they looking at ghosts or perhaps angels and demons? They can wake up from a dead sleep and go racing through the house like Satan himself were chasing them.

Could it be possible that cats were never really of this world to begin with? Where did they originate from? Perhaps some far off world with rivers flowing with cream and fish jumping onto the banks to be consumed? Or are they from an alternate reality altogether and they became mistakenly trapped in ours. After all there is no acceptable reason why cats would have naturally evolved on our earth.

Jeff

10. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I have always wondered if cats are decendants of aliens who came to Earth and genetically engineered servants. ?? :D

Pops

11. JetGirl

JetGirl Member

Cat Log: Day 473 in captivity
    Human subject seems fascinated with my water dish. I've started a series of tests to see if objects cause focal distraction. Outcome not yet determined.
    Tomorrow, I will resume testing and calculate how many times the human can be duped into removing the object to resume his fascination with the water dish uninhibited.

What the cat is thinking ^;)

12. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

The old saying about dogs and cats ......
    Dogs have owners and cats have staff.

13. 1shot1k

1shot1k Former Guest

This will be moved or censored...but just received it.

Has a cat in it. I have to post pics or words , cause I dont have a cat. I like cats and would have them if lived rural. But will not tolerate animals on kitchen counters. Yeah , I know , your cat(s) doesnt get on a counter , ever..right;).:p:p:p

Attached Files:

14. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

:D:D:D:D:D

15. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

My theory is that the cat has been Neutered and he is being sarcastic by getting his paper balls wet.... ?? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

mike
    gn