. . . about the neighbors NOW A CHRISTMAS STORY!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ruffitt, Mar 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffitt

ruffitt Guest

the real fredneck
    (11/27/01 6:09:03 pm)
    | Edit | Del All . . . about the neighbors NOW A CHRISTMAS STORY!!!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Does anyone besides me have some rather odd neighbors? The night before opening day of deer season my favorite neighbor, Marvin the Magnificient, called me up wondering if I could load him a few 303 British shells, told him no problem come on over. Well he didn't have any brass or slugs which wasn't really a problem ended up giving him about 3/4 of a box of 180 gr handloads. He politely declined a cold beer (he's some kind of friend of Jesus) and we compared SMLE's. The evening of the 2nd day he shot a doe (his 1st deer) called me up shortly after dark (I had just got in and took off boots etc. enjoying a cold one) wanted me to help him gut it cause he didn't have a sharp knife. Being the all around good neighbor and fine humanitarian that I am I agreed, told him would be right over. Ran the knife over the stone a couple of times (unecessary but force of habit) and drove across the highway to his house. Upon arrival didn't see anything hanging or laying in back of truck seems he omitted the part about having to go get it out of the woods and also about the truck being broke down. We go down the road about a 1/4 mi, park and go out in the woods to get the deer naturally the batteries in his flashlight were damn near as dead as the deer, wasn't going to be using a knife in the dark so we had to drag it back to the car only 3-400 yds. We get it there threw it up on the trunk lid and head back to his house. He has 2 little daughters and was worried about traumatizing them by gutting it there plus he had no outside lights. Yep, you guessed it, so came back to my house hung it in the garage put a trash bag in a washtub gutted it, cleaned it up a little and had it ready to go to the check station (in MO you have to have them checked by 8 PM on the day you kill it). Give him a ride back so he can get his wife's minivan and a couple of tarps to keep blood off the carpet. Come back load up the deer and the guts and off he goes to the check station. Thinking my good deed for the evening is done take off the boots again and relax. About 30 min later Marvin the Magnificent shows up again bringing my washtub back and wanting to know if I would help him hang the deer up at his place for the night. So back across the road I go only problem is where to hang it so the dog wouldn't get it (he didn't like my suggestion of chaining up the dog for the night, really didn't like my second suggestion of shooting the dog) finally opts to put the dog inside for the night. The sad thing about this story is that I'm still waiting for a mess of deer from this misadventure. Ya know I think I liked myself better when I wouldn't answer the phone and siced the dog on anyone who pulled in the driveway.

Edited by: the real fredneck at: 12/25/01 11:43:44 am

AntiqueDr
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (11/27/01 6:15:48 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: . . . about the neighbors
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This guy isnt from Vandalia, is he?????

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (11/27/01 6:31:43 pm)
    | Edit | Del Re: . . . about the neighbors
    I'm sure he's an all around good guy, but sounds like he was very unprepaired. I wonder if he even sighted in his rifle? Oh yeah...thats right he did....otherwise he would not have borrowed any ammo from you.

My advise...Get caller ID. Thats what I did. It has saved me hours from doing other peoples chores.

As for the deer meat....Don't expect it....."Well Um since it was my first deer I decided it was only right that I not share it. Oh BTW do you have any propane in your BBQ tank?"

Confused? Don't be so sure.

BlackGun
    (11/27/01 6:39:25 pm)
    Hey Fred ole Buddy, my house needs a good cleaning, can I borrow Bree?
    rules for survival: Sight alignment, Breath control, & Trigger Squeeze
    BlackGUN

LIKTOSHOOT
    (11/27/01 6:39:31 pm)
    Seems to me you art a good neighbor to have. How long till you go next door and give him your receipt book and offer to cook for him and his family??? Cater if you will, mind you...you don`t get to eat, just fix and leave. Any houses for sale close by.......you that is. Hehehhehehehhe

Free, it`s whats for supper..........
    America, we are the symbol of Freedom and Liberty......

gpostal
    (11/27/01 8:42:53 pm)
    i guess one way to look at it ,at least you didn't have to sit in the stand and shoot it for him too !!

sounds alot like my dad ,go over for a cup of coffee wind up cutting the grass and painting something

Mesen
    (11/27/01 9:01:06 pm)
    | Edit | Del and the story continues
    Now the next morning Marvin The Magnificent realizes that not only does he NOT have a sharp knife to skin the deer with....he does not know how to skin the deer.
    After pondering this dilemma for a while (and figuring he'd better not bother that redhead again) he comes upon the idea of calling someone else.
    So he calls the guy he bought the house from and they skin the deer and cut it up.

And so ends our tale of Marvin The Magnificent Goes Deer Hunting.

film at 11.

PS BG I don't do housecalls.(or housework either. ask Fred)
    IF YOU VALUE YOUR FREEDOM, THANK A VET!

BlackGun
    (11/27/01 9:06:59 pm)
    | Edit | Del Re: and the story continues
    Dang, the bad luck, Bree
    rules for survival: Sight alignment, Breath control, & Trigger Squeeze
    BlackGUN

the real fredneck
    (12/25/01 11:47:21 am)
    | Edit | Del Re: . . . about the neighbors NOW A CHRISTMAS STORY!!!
    it's been windy for the past several days fire hazzard no way to burn trash, this morning all was well light breeze blowing directly across the road toward the neighbors, lots of wrapping paper and the plastic/styrofoam packing, you guessed it had to burn it, Merry Christmas Marvin

TallTLynn
    (12/25/01 11:52:37 am)
    lol - that's perfect! You know how to get even very well my friend!

Merry Christmas............
    I am WOMAN

TLynn

shooter22
    (12/25/01 1:22:03 pm)
    That is definately the Missouri way. Way to go fellow missourian.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.