The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend gave me these dies. He recieved them from someone else and neither one of them load for .41 mag. I do so I was happy to take them. They are well preserved along with the packaging. Here are some before and after pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
They made those Jim back when dies only cost 13.50 a set.. Musta been back when Alpo was just a pup.. ;)

·
Registered
761 Posts
Does the instructions have a copyright date, or print date on them. That should give you some kind of a idea.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
I have a sister set in 38/357 and as far as I can tell, they're most likely from the 60's. I got my set in a trade and the guy had them passed down from his father. From his recollection, his father had bought them when he started reloading in the late 60's. Price on my set is $12.50

·
Registered
17,297 Posts
They made those Jim back when dies only cost 13.50 a set.. Musta been back when Alpo was just a pup.. ;)
My first dies, I was 21. So were the dies. I remember 15 dollar Lee dies, but not 13 dollar Lyman.

·
Registered
17,297 Posts
Remember - old dies mean "NON-CARBIDE". Gotta lube 'em, just like rifle dies.

·
Registered
17,297 Posts
Post 2, picture 3, Reloading manual, 43rd Edition, 2 dollars and fifty cents? 43rd edition was copyright 1964.

Al(the detective)po

·
Registered
9,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Post 2, picture 3, Reloading manual, 43rd Edition, 2 dollars and fifty cents? 43rd edition was copyright 1964.

Al(the detective)po
That is hilarious because I found a guy on eBay that has the same reloading manual for sale and I sent him a message asking him what copyright year was on the catalog. You beat him to it, and thank you Detective Alpo.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts