The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased myself a Remington 700 VLS in 22-250. Has the 26" Bull barrel. It's sighted in for 200 yards and it's dead on. I'd like to have some accurizing done to be more precise at 300-350+ yards. My main concern is what all can I do to improve the accuracy of this fine rifle? Thanks for the help in advance. Gun Rifle Firearm Trigger Air gun

·
Registered
538 Posts
You can instal pillars in the stock and glass-bed the action with the stock. While there are differing opinions on free-floating, I prefer a free floated barrel too.

Just make sure you read all you can read about it before trying it. You do NOT want to permanently glue your action to the stock and that can EASILY happen if you are not careful.

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
Blueprint action, lap bolt lugs, tighten headspace, bed the action, float the barrel, lap the bore, custom tailor your handloads, make sure your trigger is adequate and conducive to shooting SUB MOA, and most importantly...

"The latest caliber or gear is no substitute for experience and skill.. Rifles and cartridges don't make hits.. SHOOTERS DO!"

Seek Formal rifle marksmanship training, if you haven't already, and PRACTICE!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guys I appreciate all your time, and shared knowledge. I will do my research on each task and perform when I feel I have the know how. Of course some of it will be outsourced to an expert. Accuracy does has a great deal to do with the shooter. Again thanks for your help, and if there is any other information you could give me I would appreciate it.

Ps
Where on the forum might I ask about reloading data for 22-250?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.