The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My favorite local gun shop had an old model Vaquero in the case this afternoon. From the serial number it is 2001 manufacture. It is 45 Colt, stainless, "Ivory" grips, and has a very short barrel (3-3/4", I believe). It is of course used, but in great condition (no noticeable wear). I'm between paydays, so I gave them some money to have them hold it till my employer pays my quarterly bonus in the middle of February. Or until the last paycheck of March, which is a bill free payday.

·
Registered
52 Posts
congrats , i think you will like this one , the shorter bbl is one im only vaguely familiar with as i sold off both of the ones i had in favor of longer versions ,

i have a new vaquero that i shoot for SASS and i like it very much , its a 4-3/4" ,

·
Super Moderator
41,383 Posts
I traded for a used one a couple of months ago. I think it has a 4 3/4 inch barrel. I haven't even fired it yet. The same guy told me on Sunday that he has one with a bird's head grip and some kind of rifle in .45 Colt (model 18XX or something) that he wants to trade for a Garand. I wasn't really paying attention cause I will not trade off my Garand.

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
Range report!

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
If you like SA revolvers
you are gonna love this one.
Of course, I am biased.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know, but it's as close as you can get these days.

Just out of curiosity, do you hang around malls at Christmas and tell children that's not really Santa they had their picture taken with? :D

·
Premium Member
19,868 Posts
You ether love them of you don't. I love them. I would rather have one of these than any AR 15.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They are stock Ruger "ivory" grips. I don't think Ruger is using real ivory.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts