Advice on H&R 732: .32S&W, .32S&W Long, or both?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Will_G, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Will_G

Will_G Member

Hello...I recently came into possession of an H&R 732 revolver from the late 60's or early 70's. It is clearly marked ".32 S&W" but I have seen at least one Internet forum post indicate that 732's can fire .32 S&W Long.

I admit I know very little about these revolvers--have not had a chance to fire this one yet. But would any of you knowledgeable folks out there be able to tell me: will this 732 be able to fire .32 S&W Long, even if it is not marked for it? At the moment .32 S&W Long seems to be a bit easier to find on the market. Thanks for any advice you can give.

2. Will_G

Will_G Member

3. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

It will probably shoot .32 ACP also! Most will.

4. Will_G

Will_G Member

Hey, thanks!! Now THAT I had not even thought about--and .32 ACP often seems to be more widely available. Never hurts to have more options.

BTW, you have a nice website, and my hat is off to you for your knowledge and skills with working with knives.

5. b.goforth

b.goforth New Member

the only problem with firing the 32 ACP in this revolver is the rim of the 32 ACP is thinner than the rims or the 32 S&W or Longs. there is a greater chance of misfires using 32 ACP. misfires are acceptable when practicing but not when needed for serious conditions.

there is an old saying never bring a knife to a gunfight, i would like to add if a gun is needed any gun handy will do as long as it is loaded with the correct ammo.
    bill

6. Will_G

Will_G Member

Thanks for the added emphasis on the .32 ACP perhaps being more problematic. I will certainly heed your advice--perhaps since the 732 will shoot .32 S&W Longs I won't ever need to seek .32 ACPs.