The Firearms Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Glad we were able to connect and that I was able to provide some information to you Bob. Put me in your contact info, and feel free to text/call me anytime.

-Ken-

Reactions: BlackEagle

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Praying for you and your wife. Is Medicaid a potential option to relieve the financial crisis? There are ways in some states where even a spouse can qualify.
Unfortunately we are in that "hole"...retirement and social security is too much to qualify for most aid but not enough to pay for specialized care. We are exploring medicare hospice options but that is to be determined.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Unfortunately we are in that "hole"...retirement and social security is too much to qualify for most aid but not enough to pay for specialized care. We are exploring medicare hospice options but that is to be determined.
I know in Florida it can be done through a trust.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Very sorry to hear about your wife. My mother-in-law is in a memory care facility at $6k per month; I understand. For your collection, I think you would get the best prices through an online auction, if they are permitted in your state/location. The auction houses charge what seem to be outrageous fees, but bidders more than make up for it. Let an army of bidders determine the price they are willing to pay rather than one person judge their value, low balling on things he does not want and giving a more fair, still wholesale, price on things he does want.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Hope the moderator will put this in the right place. Wife has had a series of strokes over the past year and now needs long term specialized nursing care that is much more than my retirement. Don't want to break any laws and I know that I won't get what they are worth, but I am going to need every penny. Any leads on an honest dealer or advice would be appreciated. No real collector items (other than the Garand, the M-1 carbine or the Browning a-5s or the Japanese swords) mostly hunting/shooters going back to my Grandfather. Not sure where to start...always been a buyer!
Just want to say thanks for the advice and support. I am in contact with a broker (from one of your leads) and it looks encouraging. After selling the mid sized John Deere and one of the Harleys, it looks like the guns and swords my son can bear to part with will get us enough for the time she needs. Thanks!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts