The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i am new here so my local gun store never has what I want is their a way to order a gun from the manufacturer and have it delivered??? I am a legal gun owner in the state of Colorado

·
Philogynist & Sycophant, Looking For Work
7,234 Posts
I don't know the laws in CO, but under Federal law you can order online and have it shipped to a local FFL holder. They will then do the background check on you when you pick it up. You can expect a fee for the transfer that varies from $15 - $50 in most shops. You will have to specify which FFL you want it to be shipped to when you order, and if the online dealer doesn't have a current copy of the destination shop's FFL, you'll have to arrange for them to exchange copies.

Welcome to the best online forum for firearm and freedom enthusiasts on the Internet.

·
7,234 Posts
I bought one rifle from Davidson’s and had it shipped to a local gun store.
Except for a couple of guns purchased while working at a gun shop, every gun I bought in the past 20+ was purchased online and shipped to my LGS. :)

·
Super Moderator
42,021 Posts
There are actually quite a few places that it is legal to purchase from. Places like Classic Firearms, CDNN, Grabagun, Sportsman's Guide, and Buds Gun Shop. And that is just a few that first come to my mind, most of those I mentioned have a feature on their website where you can put in your zip code and they will tell you what shops in your area that have already provided their FFL license.

·
7,234 Posts
There are actually quite a few places that it is legal to purchase from. Places like Classic Firearms, CDNN, Grabagun, Sportsman's Guide, and Buds Gun Shop. And that is just a few that first come to my mind, most of those I mentioned have a feature on their website where you can put in your zip code and they will tell you what shops in your area that have already provided their FFL license.
I just found a new one, George - Fin Feather Fur Outfitters. Never heard of them but they had the Henry .22 shotgun I was looking for!

·
Super Moderator
28,585 Posts
This right here.

·
Registered
8,107 Posts
I noticed that you are 'Colorado Springs'. Colorado State law isn't much different (for now) than the rest of the States. You can buy a firearm on-line, but you still need to have a Background Check - here it is the Colorado Bureau Of Investigation ("CBI") and do the transfer thru a FFL Dealer. If you do manage to buy something, good luck finding ammunition.

The hog-wash you hear about "Loop Holes" is just that: Hog Wash. The only special limits I know of in Colorado is the magazine capacity limits (also Hog Wash). Supposedly you can't purchase magazines with over 10 round capacity here in Colorado. Just about as much sense as Bill Clinton's 'Assault Rifle Ban' where rifles with features like a bayonet lug were forbidden (That did cut down on Gang Banger Bayonet Charges from what I hear). Haven't heard of a 'Drive By Bayonetting' in years.

·
Super Moderator
28,585 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
I noticed that you are 'Colorado Springs'. Colorado State law isn't much different (for now) than the rest of the States. You can buy a firearm on-line, but you still need to have a Background Check - here it is the Colorado Bureau Of Investigation ("CBI") and do the transfer thru a FFL Dealer. If you do manage to buy something, good luck finding ammunition.

The hog-wash you hear about "Loop Holes" is just that: Hog Wash. The only special limits I know of in Colorado is the magazine capacity limits (also Hog Wash). Supposedly you can't purchase magazines with over 10 round capacity here in Colorado. Just about as much sense as Bill Clinton's 'Assault Rifle Ban' where rifles with features like a bayonet lug were forbidden (That did cut down on Gang Banger Bayonet Charges from what I hear). Haven't heard of a 'Drive By Bayonetting' in years.
The Colorado limit is 15 rounds - allegedly. LGS has barrels of 30 rd AK and AR mags. Depending on the jurisdiction, those sales may be ignored. However, use it in a crime and it will be an added charge.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The Colorado limit is 15 rounds - allegedly. LGS has barrels of 30 rd AK and AR mags. Depending on the jurisdiction, those sales may be ignored. However, use it in a crime and it will be an added charge.
i just bought a ar 15 m16 and it came with a 30 round mag why would they sell it to me if the limit im curious i want to stay legal and abide by all laws in co

·
Registered
128 Posts
i just bought a ar 15 m16 and it came with a 30 round mag why would they sell it to me if the limit im curious i want to stay legal and abide by all laws in co
Here is the statute:

Pay close attention to: "(b) If a person who is alleged to have violated subsection (1) of this section asserts that he or she is permitted to legally possess a large-capacity magazine pursuant to paragraph (a) of this subsection (2), the prosecution has the burden of proof to refute the assertion." This is the clause that makes it (mostly) unenforceable. If asked, say "I possess this legally under Colorado statute." Offer no other explanation. Just don't commit a crime with it, and nobody cares.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts