The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received this book for Christmas. Written by Alab Korwin, it contains, without a doubt, the most useless, boring, and down right dangerous information on self-defense shooting than I have ever read. It begins with a two page disclaimer about how not to take his advice; after all, he's a writer not a lawyer. Huh?? Then the content focuses on who should call 911. Not you, the shooter. Call yout attorney instead. Have him call 911. This, mind you, with someone you have just shot bleeding out on your carpet. It gives a full chapter on how to heap money on a lawyer and make friends with him so when you shoot someone he's right there. (Take him to gun shows, buy him tickets to seminars, etc.) Korwin takes a few jabs at 9MM's, completely out of place in a book of this type. (Your 130 Grain 9MM is too light.) Be snotty to the Cop's, then wait a minute, on the other hand don't say anything. Skip this book. Bad information is worse than no information.

·
Registered
548 Posts
That's where you're wrong. If you are involved in a shooting, self defense or otherwise, the cops are NOT YOUR FRIENDS. You can be misquoted, your statement can be edited, and you can be placed in deep doo-doo. Who will a jury believe, you or a cop and many are against private gun ownership. You have a right to STAND MUTE, until represented by an attorney. Some cop will ask you why you need an attorney. Tell them it is your right to have witnesses present before making any statement! CYA!!!!!

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
don't talk to cops. that's pretty smart. but sounds like the guy's got some skewed ideas. "in the gravest extreme" by ayoob is what I consider the gold standard for books on that subject. I've not read this book you mention here.

having an attorney on retainer or at least his business card is a good idea for certain but not necessary. remember, the state will provide you with a lawyer! (the worst one they can find)

but don't talk to cops

and you're right, bad info is worse than no info!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts