Aim Vz-24 Arrived Today

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

mauserman454
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/12/02 9:13:50 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Aim Vz-24 Arrived Today
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The BBT came with my V2-24, I was a little disapointed to find it has about zero% blueing remaing, in fact it almost looks like it's polished. Bore is bright and shiny, strong rifling, with only minor pitting. I guess it worked out o.k., its in about the same condition as some I looked at my local Herb Philipson's army and navy store, and I got the Lions crest, whcih all the ones I looked at were scrubbed off. I will post some pics soon.

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/13/02 2:14:37 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Aim Vz-24 Arrived Today
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm truly beginning to wonder if they even blued any of them.

My barrel matches the rest of the gun - kinda like a silver type finish.

Have no idea if it is shootable yet though - haven't gotten around to taking the cosmoline out.

Mine however doesn't have the crest so congrats on that - looking forward to the pictures.

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/13/02 8:41:58 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Aim Vz-24 Arrived Today
    Mauserman - did you get the handpick, or just the regular order?
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

mckheean
    (7/13/02 8:58:49 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del vz24
    My vz-24 from AIM will be here Monday,I am curious as to the finish.I will post here when it arrives. Benny in NC

mauserman454
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/13/02 4:55:15 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Aim Vz-24 Arrived Today
    Yeah, I paid $10 for the handpick w/ lions crest. My barrel matches too. Took it apart to de-grease, and theres a nice deep blue finish under the wood, so they just musta' seen lots of use.

mckheean
    (7/15/02 3:15:22 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del vz-24
    My VZ_24 from aim arrived today it also did not have any bluing left except for under the stock which looked brand new.The barrel cleaned up great and the stock has quite a few dings but for the price it is a great investment to go along with the others. Benny