Aim Vz-24

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

mauserman454
    (7/8/02 6:35:00 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Aim Vz-24
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I ordered a VZ-24 from Aim Surplus on Friday, anyone else order one from them? I paid 69.99 for the rifle + $10 for one handpicked with the lion's crest.

Different name
    *TFF Staff*
    (7/8/02 7:01:32 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Aim Vz-24
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    WHAT IS IT?
    WHO WHERE ETC.

I am not familiar --- can anyone fill me in with details?
    Charlie D
    Thanx a lot.

mauserman454
    (7/8/02 7:18:59 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Aim Vz-24
    a vz-24 is a Czechoslovakian made mauser, similar to a k-98, but with a straight bolt handle.

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/8/02 7:22:08 am)
    I haven't seen any out of this batch yet. Let us know what you get. At that price, if they are half way decent, it is a bargain. I am still debating on the 98/22 vs. these VZ24s. I want to add some more Czech Mausers to the collection, but really don't want crappy ones. I have enough rebuild projects as it is!
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

mauserman454
    (7/8/02 8:15:10 am)
    Yes, I definitely put a post to let you guys know what kind of shape it came it.

Different name
    *TFF Staff*
    (7/8/02 7:21:37 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Thank you very much.
    Charlie D
    Any pictures?

mauserman454
    (7/9/02 6:26:02 am)
    I'll post a pic for you as soon as it comes in.

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (7/9/02 3:35:32 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    mauserman454, Congrads on your new purchase and I'll be looking forward to the pictures.

I've read on another forum where they are in rough shape.

Did you read AIM's sales ad on them? lending itself suitable for Sporterizing Hmmmm that tells me something right there.

Quote:
    WWII Czech VZ-24 Mausers 8mm
    Adopted by Czechoslavakia as their Military issue Rifle prior to WWII, the VZ-24 is known to have one of the most sturdy and reliable Mauser Large Ring Actions, lending itself suitable for Sporterizing. This shipment features all original Czech markings. Overall Good condition.

Price: $69.95 (Excluding: OH State Sales Tax at 5.5%)

The Curio and Relic Firearms Forum

mauserman454
    (7/10/02 6:31:41 am)
    Yeah, I read that in their descrpition on the vz-24, scared me a little , but I don't own one, and it would look nice in my collection. So my plan is if it was really junky it would be restoration project. I have been slowly purchasing the tools to do such projects.