The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not only am I new to Ar but also ak

I see the ak's have soem sort of weird lil rail or hook thing.

is that usefull? anything mount to it?

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
They have a detachable scope mount that slides on and angle over the cover. Its the best way to mount a scope to a AK which IMO is like putting headers on a pinto

·
Registered
18,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i hear ya on a scope.. seems to be more of a point/click weapon.. however.. if there was a rail like that that just went to a pic rail.. then I could mall ninja my ak up some.. :)

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
yes you could. if anything go red dot. I see so many people at the range with huge konus scopes on there WASR and wonder why they don't drill a single hole at 25 yds. Then they run to me and ask. Its a AK. Its accuracy by volume not precision shots. You want a singe holer' get a bolt gun.

·
Registered
18,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i agree totally.. ak is a good drop it in the mud, rinse it int he river and shoot gun.

it's not a 'hunting' rifle with MOA...

as a short range tactical gun.. perhaps 40 round 'evil' banana and a folding stock and some tactical gear on a rail.. like a flashlight.. and heck.. a cheap pistol laser, calibrated to say.. 30' (feet) as a basic idea of where the bullet is gona go while hip shooting it. I would save the $$ on the hollo sight.. I doubt I'd ever use it..

·
Registered
18,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ps.. thanks for the info on the rail.. forgot to say that.

now I just need to locate one so I can mount at least a flashlight on mine.

hmm.. wonder if those vz2008 have rail mounts?

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
i agree totally.. ak is a good drop it in the mud, rinse it int he river and shoot gun.

it's not a 'hunting' rifle with MOA...

as a short range tactical gun.. perhaps 40 round 'evil' banana and a folding stock and some tactical gear on a rail.. like a flashlight.. and heck.. a cheap pistol laser, calibrated to say.. 30' (feet) as a basic idea of where the bullet is gona go while hip shooting it. I would save the $$ on the hollo sight.. I doubt I'd ever use it..
Is that right????????????

·
Registered
18,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
looks like I just about described your gun :)

I rememebr an articel in a gun mag where they took a milled frame ak, cryo treated the bbl, bedded the stock, did a real scope install and actually made a match grade multi hundred yard tack driver out of a 350$ gun.. only cost about 10k$ in parts and time.. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts