Al Sharpton calls for Arizona sheriff to step down

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by RunningOnMT, Apr 10, 2009.

1. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Boy, this guy will go through rain, sleet, or snow, anytime, anywhere, for the opportunity to make a fool of himself. Good going there Al.

NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. civil rights activist Al Sharpton weighed into a fight over an Arizona sheriff's immigration sweeps on Tuesday, accusing him of racially profiling Hispanics and urging him to step down.

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio has dispatched deputies into Hispanic communities in the Phoenix area, where they stop people and arrest anyone who cannot prove he or she is a legal U.S. resident.

Under a deal allowing them to enforce federal immigration laws, the deputies have arrested more than 1,500 people who they determined were in Arizona illegally, triggering street protests and condemnation from Latino activists who accuse him of racial profiling.

"I am first calling for the resignation and or removal of Sheriff Arpaio ... harassment based on color is nothing short of racial profiling, which many of us ... helped to fight to make against the law," Sharpton told reporters.

U.S. Department of Justice officials recently launched an inquiry into Arpaio's activities. The U.S. House Judiciary Committee also held hearings last week about the federal program that allows for such enforcement tactics.

"Arpaio needs to be confronted, he needs to be removed. ... We also need to suspend the law that he is using. We must stand with our brown brothers and sisters," Sharpton said.

Sharpton said he would travel to Arizona to make his case.

Arpaio, who has held the job since 1992, called charges he carries out racial profiling of Hispanics ridiculous.

"I'm never going to resign," he said. "The guy is living in a fantasy land if he thinks he is going to pressure me into anything. He doesn't even know where Arizona is."

(Reporting by David Schwartz and Tim Gaynor; editing by Doina Chiacu)

2. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Maybe the good sheriff should arrest Mr. Sharpton when he gets there. If nothing else but for littering, since just his presence is trashy.

3. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

He's is and always has been an IDIOT.

4. EddieS1967

EddieS1967 Member

Good idea>one problem, if the good sheriff throws sharpton's a$$ in jail, alongside the rest of his brown brothers, they are probably gonna sue for cruel & unusual punishment, not to mention defamation of character, I mean heck, even the Hispanic's I'm sure do have some character:eek::eek::eek::eek::p:p

5. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

case closed?

It doesn't say they've been deported, though...so are taxpayers still paying for them to live here?

6. artabr

artabr New Member

The mouth that never misses a opportunity to remind people of what a racist is.

:mad:

Attached Files:

7. topper

topper New Member

al's just another loudmouth troublemaker

Keep both barrels loaded

8. FJF0311

FJF0311 New Member

You know your on the right track, when Al gets on your case!

9. Carne Frio

Carne Frio Well-Known Member

Sheriff Joe should thank Rev Al for the increased amount of votes he will get during the next election. It's hard to buy that kind of publicity, even though
    I don't think he needs it. :D

10. smokyhollowforge

smokyhollowforge New Member

Al Sharpton is a loudmouth, worthless piece of cow dung!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Just my taxed 2 cents worth

11. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Al got a 'brotha from anotha mutha'?
    Or is the black syndrome wearing thin with a black man as POTUS?

Maybe he didn't get the memo about the only thing worse than blacks hating blacks, is blacks hating mexicans (and vice/versa).:rolleyes:

Choose up AL. Either way, you're in for a serious butt kicking.
    It's about time.:D

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2009
  12. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

Al Sharpton calls for Arizona sheriff to step down
    What a wonderful endoursement for Sheriff Joe!
    "You GO, Sheriff Joe!"

Wish I could vote for him!

13. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

I forgot what I was watching, but Sherriff Joe was being interviewed about ole Al and his gang protesting him. He was funny as always, saying something like good bring all the money you want from Detroit and bring it to Phoenix, but don’t break the law.

It was great. Could you imagine that guy as POTUS???? Ohhhh ya and I’ll echo the Go Joe Go!!

14. gaowlpoop

gaowlpoop New Member

"Under a deal allowing them to enforce federal immigration laws, the deputies have arrested more than 1,500 people who they determined were in Arizona illegally,"

Since when do you need a "deal" to enforce the law???????????????/

15. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

First, I think that everybody that is in this country illegally needs to be deported.

Second, I think Al Sharpton is a major-league walking rectum.

Having said that, if what the article says is correct, "Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio has dispatched deputies into Hispanic communities in the Phoenix area, where they stop people and arrest anyone who cannot prove he or she is a legal U.S. resident.", then Sheriff Joe needs to be fired.

This is neither Nazi Germany nor Communist Russia. Cops need a reason for stopping people. "Papers, please!" don't cut it. While it is against the law to be in the country illegally, it is not against the law to be of Mexican ancestry. I'm sure y'all have all head of black folks that are stopped for the horrendous crime of "driving while black"? According to this article, people are being stopped for the crime of "standing while brown". How many of you (any of you that are reading this) carry proof of American citizenship with them?

I don't know what the solution to the illegal alien problem is. But this isn't it.