Alarm

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by army mp, Apr 17, 2009.

1. army mp

army mp Member

A lot of us on this site are getting older, thus hearing is shot. My brother got one of these Alarm systems, and its loud .Its like I keep telling my wife. If the bad guy gets in, before I get out of bed and grab a gun, game over. This outfit cost less than Two hundred dollars. And you set it up to phone who ever you want ,without the monthly fee. Something else nice about it you can up grade the basic unit with extras

http://www.homesecuritystore.com/ezStore123/DTProductZoom.asp?productID=1164

2. Islandboy

Islandboy New Member

Spent 26 years in the security industry, commercial residential, govt.
    An alarm, especially smoke detectors are worth doing.
    On the other hand, I got out due to deplorable police response times, and customer expectations.
    They are notification devices/systems, nothing more, nothing less.
    I swear some customers thought the dang thing should shoot/ truss the perp up!
    Others would protect house, garage would get burgled, and over beers would claim alarm didn't work.:(:(

3. Just One Shot

Just One Shot Member

My alarm is an 80 lb. boxer. She can be quite noisy but to be honest, an alarm would probably be cheaper! :D

4. 22dave

22dave New Member

Get it. Cheap peace of mind. Ours is mostly for fire protection but over the years, it has gone off accidentally and cops are onsite within 3-5 minutes. I like that and they have always been polite and proffessional- even on a false alarm. If we are not home, BG doesn't have enough time to do much trouble. Of course, no alarm is effective against a pro but they are few and far between.