Alaska is joining in

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by armedandsafe, Apr 19, 2009.

1. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Following Montana, or was this in the mill earlier?

Pops

2. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

Personally, i think succession is a better course of action...

mike
    gn

3. alhefner

alhefner New Member

The critics of that bill obviously have not bothered to read either the US Constitution nor the federal regulations! As long as the firearms can be positively proven to be a product of Alaska and that product has not left Alaska, then Alaska has every right to do just what Montana has already done.

Federal firearms law and even Drug laws are rooted in the interstate commerce act. The reason the DEA gets away with raids on medical pot suppliers is that there is no way to distinguish exactly where the pot was grown.

4. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

Pops, I was the one posting about Montana, but this is the first I heard about Alaska.

We'll see who goes to court first and what the outcome will be.

Thanks for the heads up and hopefully we'll be able to have machine guns soon.

5. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

I wonder if the Feds. will be able to get around the State Laws by claiming the machinery, tools, billots, cutting oil etc. used to make the offending firearms all came from interstate commerce. That might create the "leagle fiction" that the firearms were involved in interstate commerce. If it holds up in court though, think of all the states with local firearms plants. I love it if it will work.

6. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Very good point. Very good indeed. ALL of the materials that went into said firearms and ammunition, as well as all the equipment on which they are made would ALL have to come from Alaska (or Montana). I can definately see the Feds trying to say that the Interstate Commerce Act will still apply if ANY of the materials or machinery came from outside of the state.

7. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

I always did like both Montana and Alaska

8. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I posted this picture in another thread but it's applicable here too. I took this Friday night at a Tea Party. :D

Attached Files:

9. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

One thing to remember is the SCOTUS ruling that a farmer could not grow a separate plot of wheat for his own use and be free of govt regs. They said his little family garden plot of wheat being "taken out of the market" would "hurt the economy" of the state and thus was to be regulated and taxed.

I don't have the cite at hand.

Pops

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2009
  10. alhefner

alhefner New Member

Good point!

11. bigbore480

bigbore480 Member

I couldn't afford amunition for a machine gun. My wife allready complains that I'm out in the powder keg reloading all the time and I normally shoot sx shooters and single shots. It would be fun to build your own single shot with a 1 inch bore though!

12. 45nut

45nut Well-Known Member

Great Pic pony!!!!!!!! :D :D

13. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Ponycar, liked your picture. Question, if a state did secede, would we need a passport and visa to enter new country? Would we have to submit to searches and seasures of personal property before being allowed to cross the border? Do you think the Border Patrol would be able to patrol the border and stop 100% of illegal exits? I think yes on all counts.