The Firearms Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
I googled prop guns, it says you can't load a real round in them and that they are made of cheaper material.
What you're told and reality are 2 different things....if they need a SMG,they will machine it,film it,destroy it-all in less than 24hrs....Baldwin is a scumbag,making a grade B movie,did'nt want to pay the money for professionals to run the firearms...Very few of us here---would accept a loaded firearm from someone,without dumping mag,popping round out,then reloading,even a "supposed"blank firing firearm.

·
Registered
18,659 Posts
What the hell was he doing shooting at the cinematographer and the director? Baldwin doesn't possess an once of common sense. Poor Alec.....poor little Alec. How long before he plays the victim in this tragedy?
How do you know the cinematographer wasn't in line watching the shot..ie..straight on in line with Baldwin. I hope you realize that shoots and sets use multiple camera takes and angles. It could have been during a profile film sequence.. Ie..baldwin filmed from the side..gun aimed off camera right or left.. And the 2 people shot were in that line..( and not in the camera angle ).

I'm alarmed here.. A few of you want to string up an anti gunner soooo bad that you are willing to hand wave evidence and due process... That's a dangerous precedent to set.

None of us were there. We have scant few clear details and lots of speculation and more than a lot of prejudicial decisions. Not opinions..decisions. Some of you have convicted him already... Sans evidence..sans due process.

If it turns out he is guilty..im all for stringing him up...

But.

I want due process.

·
11,983 Posts
What you're told and reality are 2 different things....if they need a SMG,they will machine it,film it,destroy it-all in less than 24hrs....Baldwin is a scumbag,making a grade B movie,did'nt want to pay the money for professionals to run the firearms...Very few of us here---would accept a loaded firearm from someone,without dumping mag,popping round out,then reloading,even a "supposed"blank firing firearm.
I guess his ignorance makes him a scumbag.

·
Registered
18,659 Posts
Sounds like a dog and pony show. There is no way a fragment from a blank did what this round did. Sounds about like 255 grains of low speed lead. How does a live round find its way onto the set? How can one not tell the difference when loading the pistol? Given the texts and people walking off the set due to safety concerns the production company is done, put a fork in it.
Agreed. I think it's been leaked that a live round of ammo was found/used.

I'm betting property crew are untrained locals.

Just what you want... Budget firearm property master....

·
Registered
18,659 Posts
Guys here's something to think about most of us here we are gun enthusiasts we know a lot about guns we take time we research we practice we're proficient and we're safe but the average gun owner, especially those that are new to guns or not around guns or just people that are gun neutral these people don't know anything about Firearms nor do they know anything about ammunition how many times have you been it arranged and heard someone next to you talkin and they were completely mansplaining things completely wrong or bad information they were telling people the last time I went to arrange I saw a guy that had some kind of ballistic tip ammo I don't know if it was Hornady V-Max or Nosler type ammo and he was telling people that they were plastic bullets for target practice he did not realize that those were ballistic tip full power rounds he was using. He was acting like they were some kind of rubber or plastic indoor training bullets. How many times have we seen new gun owners grab a box of projectiles thinking they're loaded ammo and trying to buy them let's face it the average person doesn't know guns like we do heck most of the police don't get anywhere near the training or hands-on experience that we do

·
Registered
6,631 Posts
How do you know the cinematographer wasn't in line watching the shot..ie..straight on in line with Baldwin. I hope you realize that shoots and sets use multiple camera takes and angles. It could have been during a profile film sequence.. Ie..baldwin filmed from the side..gun aimed off camera right or left.. And the 2 people shot were in that line..( and not in the camera angle ).

I'm alarmed here.. A few of you want to string up an anti gunner soooo bad that you are willing to hand wave evidence and due process... That's a dangerous precedent to set.

None of us were there. We have scant few clear details and lots of speculation and more than a lot of prejudicial decisions. Not opinions..decisions. Some of you have convicted him already... Sans evidence..sans due process.

If it turns out he is guilty..im all for stringing him up...

But.

I want due process.
Oh Alex isn’t going to spend one night in jail. I don’t think he put that live round in, or EVEN have a half a clue that one could find it’s way into the real pistol he was using. He will have to live with the part, large or small, he played. What is more likely is he will be sucked into the civil nightmare that is coming.

·
Registered
18,659 Posts
Oh Alex isn’t going to spend one night in jail. I don’t think he put that live round in, or have a half a clue that one could find it’s way into the real pistol he was using. He will have to live with the part, large or small, he played. What is more likely is he will be sucked into the civil nightmare that is coming.
Agreed

·
Registered
18,659 Posts
On another forum..saw a similar discussion. As was the case with the retracted info from the union, someone posted reading about that they used 'dummy' rounds for close up scenes..ie..looking at the cyl seeing ' bullets'.

There was a thought a dummy round wasn't really a dummy..or a dummy had the projectile come off..lodge in forcing cone and the blank sent it down range.

Possible I guess if a real firearm used as a prop... But far fetched..but no more far fetched than any other armchair opinion so far I guess.

Next comment was on a negligent homicide charge since there were known AD's earlier.

Makes ya wonder who will fry for this. My money is on civil suit for Baldwin and no criminal charges..or criminal charges on prop crew...

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
"Also... several of the film crew had already walked off the set that day because of the lack of people not following safety protocols." - Greyfox_MT.

If this is true, it will come out. If it IS true, someone's *** is in a sling.

·
Registered
18,659 Posts
An AP article just released some information that was released from court records based on testimony, search warrants and video evidence.

Looks like it was an active scene being filmed. The prop guns were on a cart outside the set. The assistant director grabbed the gun..walked to and handed Baldwin the gun..said it was 'cold' and moments later the shooting occurred.

The article illustrates how during a shooting scene..camera people..directors.. etc are looking down the barrel of a gun as I mentioned, during some face-on scenes.

This explains the why and how those people got hit from a gun fired during filming.

What is not answered is why the property master had live ammo in prop guns on the prop cart on set. The name of the property master makes me think they are local......

·
Registered
6,631 Posts
"Also... several of the film crew had already walked off the set that day because of the lack of people not following safety protocols." - Greyfox_MT.

Hard to say at this point…who…but the suspects are mounting. Union 🥩…they never do anything :unsure: cheap skate company…total disregard for established procedures. Colombo and Parry Mason have their work cut out for them. The only given here some lawyers are going to get rich.

·
Premium Member
3,817 Posts
Alec Baldwin just shot two people accidentally on a movie set. Didn't know the gun was loaded. The round killed a cinematographer and wounded a director.

An article says a movie's prop master is responsible for making sure guns aren't loaded. Sounds like BS to me. I was taught you always check a gun when someone hands it to you, regardless of the circumstances. I don't believe you can ever say it wasn't your fault when you shoot someone with a gun you didn't check personally.

What does everyone else think?

I feel bad for Baldwin, but I think this is his fault.
Feel bad for an.anti gun movie actor who uses the same device he is totally against to make money, screw him.

·
Registered
18,659 Posts
Hard to say at this point…who…but the suspects are mounting. Union 🥩…they never do anything :unsure: cheap skate company…total disregard for established procedures. Colombo and Parry Mason have their work cut out for them. The only given here some lawyers are going to get rich.
I foresee civil suits..and or insurance companies..settlements..etc. And if I was the assistant director or property master..id be sweating charges. Baldwin...i doubt he gets charged....though he may well be sued....

·
Registered
6,508 Posts

Hannah Reed, 24yrs old, and daughter of Thell Reed, was the armorer. Assistant director picked up the gun and handed it to Baldwin saying it was "cold".

·
Registered
225 Posts
To put it mildly I do not like Baldwin. That being said I wouldn't wish what happened on anyone even a scumbag like Baldwin.

I cannot believe that it was a blank round so how could a live round get in the gun? I can come up with couple of scenarios. The first one, they are out in the desert with a bunch of SAAs. Someone brought a bunch of ammo with them so they could go shoot at cactus before/after the filming and some jackwagon left live ammo in the gun when returning it to the the prop table. The second one would be just what happened to Brandon Lee. Unbeknownst to the crew there was a squib stuck in the barrel of a gun. A blank was placed in the chamber and when fired it forced out the squib just like it would fire normally with a loaded round. If I thought hard enough I'm sure more scenarios would come to mind but I'll wait for the police report so I don't have to strain myself. ;)

The real bottom line here is that Baldwin most likely will not do any time though it may cost him in a civil suit, don't know as I'm not a lawyer. What I DO see happening is that this will have given him MORE "street cred" with the anti-gunners and he'll become some kind of new spokesman for doing away with firearms altogether. I can hear him already, "I tragically and accidentally shot and killed someone due to handling these horrible, evil items made for killing so I propose we take them away from everyone so it doesn't happen again." says Baldwin.....

If he doesn't personally use it there will still be a clarion call to get rid of all guns because "even the lovable old SAA is unsafe to have around".

At least if you are a complete dipstick,

JMHO

-Ron

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
When he's sued, I hope the attorney presents this as evidence. Karma!
Guess he found out how it makes you feel.

The hollywood crowd rakes in millions every year using and glammorizing the illegal use of firearms (murder and mayham). Most of the actors now days dont even know enough about guns to pretend they know how to use one.

IMO they all should be required to pass a basic handgun class before allowed to touch one. At least they would know how to check, clear, and aim one with the correct eye.

He should be judged with the same harshness and lack of compassion that he uses to judge others.

61 - 80 of 123 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.