Alligator Warning

Discussion in 'The Beau Coupe Dien Cai Dau Hootch' started by Guest, Mar 2, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

TShooters
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/10/01 3:01:16 pm)
    | Del All Alligator Warning
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For those who may be planning a Florida vacation this summer..........

ALLIGATOR WARNING

Due to the extreme drought in Florida, the following caution was issued:

The Florida Department of Fish and Wildlife is advising hikers, hunters,
    fishers, and golfers to take extra precautions and keep alert for
    alligators while in Bay, Seminole, Osceola, Polk, Brevard and Orange Counties.

They advise people to wear noise-producing devices such as little bells on
    their clothing to alert but not startle the alligators unexpectedly.

They also advise the carrying of pepper spray in case of an encounter with
    an alligator.

It is also a good idea to watch for fresh signs of alligator activity.
    People should recognize the difference between small young alligator and
    large adult alligator droppings.

Young alligator droppings are smaller and contain fish bones and possibly
    bird feathers. Adult alligators droppings have little bells in them and
    smell like pepper spray.

Winter11
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/10/01 3:14:46 pm)
    | Del
    Re: Alligator Warning
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    WHOA! Gonna have to send that warning on to a friend leavin' for that area next week....

Thanks for the heads up!

Winter

LarryJK
    Senior Chief Moderator III
    (7/10/01 4:44:03 pm)
    | Del Re: Alligator Warning
    Sharon...FUNNY!!!! LOL!

nighthawk
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/10/01 6:46:30 pm)
    Sharon
    I think them FLA 'gators must have learned their tricks from our northwest Bars!

keep posting those funny ones.....

Genog
    (7/10/01 8:04:58 pm)
    Come on Winter, you did not really fall for that!

And who in there right mind would go south this time of the year...Now is the time to head for the mountains.

Geno G

Winter11
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/11/01 9:09:30 am)
    | Del
    NO, NO, NO....

That's the prob with these things - ya can't hear my sarcastic voice.....

oh man - give me a little credit here.....

Winter

homer4
    (7/16/01 12:41:32 pm)
    Not True!...he tosses the spray back to the shelf.
    ...and two hard boiled eggs.

chief 502
    (7/16/01 9:15:22 pm)
    | Del
    Time for a story: This post reminded me of the day's when:
    While on patrol, in the late 70's, I received a call of a fisherman who had captured an Alligator at the local lake where everyone went for their week end outings. Arriving, I noted the fisherman standing beside his truck with a 8 foot gater hog tied and duct taped, lying on the ground. The fisherman had captured the monster by lassoing him/her (I didn't care to look). We decided that the gater would be safer (for all concerned) if he/she was transported to a more isolated area. We loaded the it up in the back seat of my unit and I drove to my mother and father-in-law's RV park, where camping and fishing sites were available for rent. My intent was to release the gater in the wooded lake/swamp near the camp grounds. But, first, the brain waves and light bulbs kicked into high gear. I had to stop at my inlaws stop and rob that was located at the enterance of the rec. park. By bride ( the one who must be obeyed) was on duty and I just had to show her my catch of the day. I opened the back door of the store and released the gater. His/her snout was still duct taped shut. The lil darling swayed it's way into the store filled with weekenders. All at once the store emptied with mass hysteria, including my bride, leaving only me and my new found friend in the store. Needless to say, the one who must be obeyed and the customers found no humor in my antics. I recaptured my bud and off to the swamp we went. It took a long while before my loving bride was again a loving bride.

nighthawk
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/16/01 9:23:32 pm)

go's to prove the old adage: When you're up to your ass in alligator, don't stop to smell the roses,,,or something like that.

TShooters
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/17/01 12:23:38 am)
    Glad ya'll got a kick outta that one.

Sharon

homer4
    (7/18/01 8:09:23 am)
    Hehe!, good thing you two were already married 502...might have never made it to the alter with her. Hehe!
    ...and two hard boiled eggs.

TShooters
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/18/01 8:37:44 am)
    Got a chat friend from Fla who does survey work, and traipses all around the swamps, etc.
    He's a hoot to talk to....always has a wild critter story...or a "big bang" story.

On Halloween he'd brought home a gator, and had it tied up out by his front door that night. While talkin' to him on chat, he said he could hear the screams of little children as they approached his doorbell for the old "Trick or Treat!" thing. His wife got a little bent at this, and told him to go do something with that gator. So...he takes it and slips it in his neighbor's pool (a very clandestine operation, ya understand).

Next day, he said there was one heckuva commotion next door when the gator was discovered in the neighbor's pool. Being the good neighbor, and experienced with these
    critters, he helped get the gator out of the pool and returned it to it's natural habitat.

Sharon