The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
saw Dons rolling block receiver and wood stock. having followed his progress so far i got to have one too. may go with a Tippmann armory receiver, but my head is spinning over the barrel. i would like to get an octagon barrel or half octagon in 38-55. problems here are....time, money, fitting to the receiver, bluing, ect. i have zero experience with this so not sure what to ask. seams every barrel maker does some things not others. OK if i can find who does the rest. then time, some are backed up months. or are out of line with their competition on price. have i painted the picture?
anyone with experience? a recommendation is always a good place to start. a period correct look is a must.[carbon fiber barrel is not an option] so......help! thank you

rick

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Looking at their prices , I think I would just buy the rifle out right. I think it would be a lot cheaper.
Tippmann receivers are advertised to withstand 52,000 psi.
I would get the 44 mag and ream it out to take the 444 Marlin or the 357 and ream it out to 357 Max. ( both can be done at home with a finishing reamer )

Just a little bit of food for thought.

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking at their prices , I think I would just buy the rifle out right. I think it would be a lot cheaper.
Tippmann receivers are advertised to withstand 52,000 psi.
I would get the 44 mag and ream it out to take the 444 Marlin or the 357 and ream it out to 357 Max. ( both can be done at home with a finishing reamer )

Just a little bit of food for thought.
i have one in .44mag. it is a shooter, i like it a lot. the thought behind the tippman receiver is use nicer [figgered] wood. and an octagon barrel. not a must have, just would be nice. also i have never put a rifle together from different suppliers. something that is on the bucket list. only because Don inspired me to it. sounds like the Carl Gustaf project? i will check to see if Tippmann has upgrades that may come close. thanks for the idea!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts