The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Couple of days ago, I ordered 1000 large rifle primers simply because I could. I have never made a rifle cartridge, but I plan to, and an acceptable deal on primers popped up. It may be six months before I actually open the primers I already had

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
700 bullets a hoarder? I have an excess of 1200lbs of loaded ammo stacked, another 400 of components to reload, and just a quick look around me, enough parts to assemble 6 more rifles. Only God remembers what parts are boxed up, and what's on the shelf in the closet. Stop by, I give free lessons on hoarding. :giggle:

·
Registered
8,985 Posts
Bob, in the last 14 years I have bought 100's of lbs of hardened lead ingots, a 25lb bar of antimony to harden wheel weights and bent over to pick up many 100's of wheel weights since my little business has me alongside many curbs and city streets, searched out social media marketplaces and driven to buy linotype... Now I find out that many states have moved to zinc or alloy, lead-free mix so I'll have fun picking through those wheel weights, if my state is included... ALL SAID, I bet I have a lifetime of hard casting fun awaiting me, out in the shop and I've never even casted my first bullet. I'd call that hoarding.

I do have an electric melting pot and bullet mould in my Amazon cart though...lol... I probably better yank those things up wile they are still available. :unsure:

I've done about the same as you though, after ordering a pack of 50 cut off disks for the angle grinder, I took them out in the shop and decided to place them in a certain cabinet, opened the door and started laughing while placing them on top of the last unopened, 50 pack of cut off disks. :D

When you would rather use a forklift to move your ammo-you may have enough and possibly be a hoarder.
Man, I know a guy, just down the road, who has, not one, but two, pallets of personal ammo wrapped in cellophane in his shop, he obviously does very well building survival shelters all over the country and has a few places to live, so I can't help but wonder, "if he has this much ammo out in the open, for his workers to see, what does he have underground?"

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All this talk reminds me how ill-prepared statist terrorists are for the war they're trying to start. They have no idea what they're up against, once they move their attacks out of cities.

·
TFF Chaplain
19,729 Posts
No. I normally get around 1000 .38/.357 158 grain RNFP at a time.

·
Registered
161 Posts
700, i went through 350 223 at the range today and another 200 38spl P+ .
700 would be a very good range day for me..
most i ever shot in a day was 1700 between my ruger 9mm carbine and
my AR

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I can do about 75 serious rifle shots before I feel like going in the house and having a cold drink. I can only concentrate intensely for so long. After a certain number of shots, I feel like I'm not shooting as well as I did at the start, and I'm not learning anything.

Shooting at steel...now, that's another story. I could see going through several hundred rounds per day.

·
Registered
235 Posts
My wife asked me the other day what was in the boxes stashed under my reloading table. I told her it was two cases of .22 LR ammo. 10,000 rounds. Then she asked me how many cases were in the cellar. I told her I'd have to go look. I never did tell her.
I don't ask her how many spools of thread she has in her sewing kit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not a hoarder , your a C-O-L-L-E-T-O-R . That is what I keep telling my wife anyway .
There has to be a theme to be a collector. I am more of a random accumulator.

Reactions: tedwitt
1 - 20 of 36 Posts