American Gestapo

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by oldredneck, Apr 17, 2009.

1. oldredneck

oldredneck New Member

We have our American Gestapo and it goes by the names-Department of Homeland Security and Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms. All of us on this forum have been labeled as persons to be watched closely by DHS because we disagree with the liberal agenda. ATF is up to their necks in the effort to ban firearms and invalidate the 2nd Amendment. If ATF is certain all those weapons are going into Mexico from the U.S, then they also know who sold and who bought those weapons. We all know laws have been violated if ATF is correct, so how many arrests have been made? Has anyone seen a media report of arms dealers being arrested? Mexico has long berated the U.S. for trying to control our borders and for sending the illegals back home and now they want us to control our borders. This will never happen under Obama but we should round up all 12 million or so illegals and run their butts back to Mexico. Another thing that burns my butt is hearing the Mexican President tell the U.S. to renew the Assault Weapons Ban. He can't run his own country yet he wants to tell us how to run ours.

2. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

I wonder who is gonna join in on the ANTIAMERICAN parade now?

3. Haligan

Haligan Well-Known Member

oldredneck,
    I wonder. What you say is probably true. But I wonder, can they really watch ALL of us?
    I mean theirs a couple of us out here. Some estimates of 100 million gun owners, 5 million NRA members.
    Mabe it's just me trying to look on the bright side, but I don't think their's enough of them or enough computing power to keep an eye on all of us.
    Is their ?

4. oldredneck

oldredneck New Member

The part that scares me is they can watch any of us at any time. I don't think there is any such thing as privacy anymore. It's amazing how much info is out there on each and every one of us. Everything is stored electronically now. Just think about it: medical records, education records, bank records, employment records and on and on.

5. alhefner

alhefner New Member

The NSA has a huge electronic monitoring capability and DOES monitor email and web activity for "watch words". Every post on forums like these and the website in general as well as my own firearms advocacy website are electronically "watched". The info they gather has to do with - usernames, email addresses, and the number of posts.

The feds can gain access to the information that websites have simply by intimidating the hosting company that runs the servers. The website owner(s) may never know that any access has occurred. They can sometimes "hack" into databases that contain all the info on all the users of a website.

Bush enacted measures to allow for this snooping without any oversight at all. The FISA court, a secret court at that, is seldom used because there is seldom a need due to the measures that allow for un-monitored surveillance.

Obama promised to reverse the Bush administrations measures but so far, there has been NO ACTION in that area.

Now, with "Real ID" on track, every person in the US can very easily be tracked with a very modest commitment of computer resources.

All of the measures that allow for such monitoring were enacted in the name of protecting us from the terrorists. It was total bull then and it is total bull now. Too bad that the vast majority of US citizens were so willing to hide behind the skirts of the nanny fed! Every person who did not protest the USA PATRIOT ACT is responsible.

6. Hardballer

Hardballer New Member

If you get the chance, rent Enemy of the State with Gene Hackman and Will Smith. The movie is pretty good but the special features are very informative. All of what was used in the movie and a Sh*tload more is real.

I remember back in the early nineties, a story in Popular Science or Mechanics about a town in the Utah that was a test bed for listening in. The townsfolk, retired - elderly for the most part, Volunteered to allow the local cable company to listen in on them through their TVs. Using the speakers in their TVs; incredibly sensitive microphones when set up properly, to listen in on their homes as a test.

The test was to determine if it was viable to use this method for emergency services. Whatever.

They've been at this a long time and have the infrastructure for looking at or listening to anybody, anytime, anywhere. In the rarefied atmosphere of the NSA, anything is possible.

7. oldredneck

oldredneck New Member

Hardballer,

I saw this movie and it will make the hair on the back of you neck stand up. The majority of U.S. citizens don't realize how easy it is for the government to monitor our every move. The Patriot Act also creates a loophole to get around the constitutional rights of the accused. One could conceivably be imprisoned for years without charges being filed or any hearing in a court of law through being labeled an "Enemy of the State".

8. obxned

obxned Active Member

The governing officials of King George in the colonies knew the names of the 'potential terrorists', but could never have imprisoned enough to stop them without bringing on the very actions that the Loyalist wished to prevent.

King Barry has the same problem.

9. GMFWoodchuck

GMFWoodchuck New Member

I wouldn't worry too much about them watching us. Even with the incredible technology that they have. Simply because they do not have the one thing necessary grasp what is being written on the internet. That's manpower. I can't even keep up with a thread in this forum, they do not have the manpower to interpret everything and to pass on what they want because the volume is so immense. A 100 million gun owners, plus another 100 million people complaining about whatever else, they can't keep up. The sheer volume is simply overwhelming.

10. neptoon

neptoon New Member

:p Just maybe being monitored buy the goons is not such a bad thing.I am shure the 500 or so poli nitwits in DC hear all about all of us and our displeasure with them! I hope what they are hearing scares the hell out of them.That crap the DHS put out almost confirms that.In other words,not a bad way to let them know.Like most Americans should be,I am not afraid to speek my mind and I DON`T CARE WHO HEARS ME DAMIT!!!!.My right. God help America!!!

11. alhefner

alhefner New Member

With electronic monitoring, "man power" is almost a non-issue. All that is required is bandwidth, storage and processing equipment, and some half decent programming. The reports generated can easily be customized to evaluate relevant data such as number of participants, common phrases, locations, etc... It is really pretty easy stuff and can run 24/7 o an autonomous basis.

12. 45nut

45nut Well-Known Member

ALMOST......ALMOST!!!!!!!! What else do we need to hear or read to KNOW that we are right. We're not paranoid if they are after us.

Enemy of the State is good, so is "Conspiracy Theory" with Mel Gibson. That movie was scary too. :eek: