The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a feeling that the overseas companys are gonna take advantage of our domestic companys inability to keep up and try to take market share. i just purchaced some tulammo brass maxx 380 acp 95 grain fmj for 14.95 a box of 50. i have never seen it before and am gonna try it out but i am sure it will be fine. kinda like those wolf small rifle primers that came about yesterday. sure they are all gone but there was no order limit either. i know way too many folks looking for anything and they will buy anything and all of it they can. good time for the "other" companys to make friends with those who will "only" shoot lake city or winchester or other domestic.

·
Super Moderator
41,400 Posts
Back in the normal days, I would consider $14.95 for a box of 50 bullets a little steep, but I guess that is not too awfully bad now I wouldn't care if it were Tula, Wolf, or Hornady, I would buy what I needed if the price was right.

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
last time around in 08, I found some Privi ? in .223, it's made in Serbia I think

it was 55 gr FMJ and some of the best factory ammo I have ever shot. I'd buy it again if I needed some

I'd like to see some Wolf 22LR ammo hit the shelves, they make some pretty decent stuff also

·
Registered
79 Posts
The reason I wouldn't buy Tula is that it's more than likely steel cased, which I hear (still being a noob) that is "hard to work with" in reloading.

·
Banned
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The reason I wouldn't buy Tula is that it's more than likely steel cased, which I hear (still being a noob) that is "hard to work with" in reloading.
do a google search for tulammo brass maxx
its new and all brass reloadable cases. its made in italy and i would bet that fiochi is doing the work.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
I reloaded 500 9mm and 500 40 smith using Tulammo KVB-9 primers and did not have a single problem. And they were cheaper than anything else at $19.95/1000. Wish I could find more.

G

·
I have 10k wolf primers 5k small rifle 5k large rifle. when I switched my groups shrank. 99% of the guys I shoot fclass with use wolf primers. paid 1\3 what I would have paid for CCI or federals.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I think Wolf and Tula are the same company. I shoot a lot of 22LR in high end target rifles. Wolf ammo is the standard used by nearly everyone at my range. It is very consistent and accurate and is moderately priced.

In general, if you want to know the potential of a given 22LR target rifle, put a few boxes of Wolf ammo through it.

I have not used Tula center fire ammo nor have I used their primers, however.

·
Registered
18,035 Posts
Back in the normal days, I would consider $14.95 for a box of 50 bullets a little steep, but I guess that is not too awfully bad now I wouldn't care if it were Tula, Wolf, or Hornady, I would buy what I needed if the price was right.
i picked up some of them tula brassmax in 762x39 the other day.. for no other reason than to get reloadable brass for it.

i notice they claim made in italy.. etc..

·
Registered
18,035 Posts
I have 10k wolf primers 5k small rifle 5k large rifle. when I switched my groups shrank. 99% of the guys I shoot fclass with use wolf primers. paid 1\3 what I would have paid for CCI or federals.
i hear ya.

i was hesitant a while back about wolf / tula primers.. but then thought.. WTF? I shoot wolf / tula AMMO why not the primers. i've never had a wolf / tula dud.. and it make ssense they would use their own primers.

I think I only have 2k tula primers.. I made my move to get them too late. gone are the days of the 20$ wolf / tula primers i'm afraid.. :(

I have picked up some S&B though.. sr only.. plan to load some 223 with them..

·
Banned
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
recieved my 5000 wolf small rifle magnum primers today from wideners,,125.00 to the door. really needed these. if they work out fine more than likley will search them out in the future and do away with others.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts