Ammo availability?

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by mrkirker, Apr 7, 2009.

1. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

Is anyone having problems locating .22 ammo? Went to four places Sunday afternoon, and all I could locate were a few boxes of .22 'shorts'.

2. army mp

army mp Member

I have been finding some in Wally –World but like most guys when the Ammo and components to reload dried up, I started shooting the 22s more.

3. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

I think that explains a great deal. Thanks!

4. pawn

pawn Active Member

our Walmart is slim pickins on the bulk stuff. a shipment comes in and is usually sold out within 48 hrs.

5. army mp

army mp Member

Thought you might like the copy of the standard form letter. I got from CCI yesterday

We've seen unprecedented demand for certain calibers of ammunition and
    the primers that charge them over the past several years. We've added
    capacity to meet the increasing demand and are fulfilling backorders.

Linda Olin
    CCI/Speer Technical Services
    2299 Snake River Ave.
    Lewiston, ID 83501

6. doug66

doug66 Member

In the past I shopped Wal-Mart, Winchester Wildcats which I prefer or bulk Federal. Since last December I have not been able to find any at three different Wal-Mart stores that are within 40 miles from here.

Mom and Pop sporting goods store 35 miles away do stock plenty of powder, primers and Winchester Wildcats by the brick, but had to pay $26 per 500rds., and was happy to have them.

7. sabashimon

sabashimon New Member

8. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Well-Known Member

I called all the wally worlds in my area daily until they got the federal 525 bulk packs in I went from store to store and bought 22,000 rounds. Yesterday was at a local gun shop and they had cci blazers I bought 10 boxes off of them at a staggering 20.00 a box they were 550 round boxes. All the Wally Worlds near me have an unlimited supply of Remington Golden Bullets 36 grain. None of my guns will cycle them correctly. Thats why I hoarded all the federal I could find. And another thing. Walmarts have a central distribution center for each area. When that center gets an order say from federal they may get 1000 boxes. They distribute that evenly to all of the stores in their area. So if you find that one has what you want get rolling to them all.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2009