The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So earlier in the month I ordered 5 boxes of .22 Federal ammo from Ableammo - a total of around 1600 rounds. I assumed they were backordered so it would take a couple of weeks to fill. Today I got an email saying I had cancelled the order. I immediately called up and was told that I (or someone on my behalf) had called and cancelled my order. When I told her no I hadn't she said that as long as someone had the order number, my name and asked to cancel it they would.

That is pretty freaky since nobody would have had access to my acct info - not even immediate family???

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
did you tell your wife?
She knew about it before hand (and was actually encouraging me to stock up) so I know it wasn't her. When I told her about it she was pretty upset also - especially because the company made no effort to resolve anything. Basically said there was nothing they could do about it.

·
Super Moderator
30,474 Posts
You have an anti-gun credit card?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You have an anti-gun credit card?
I do actually - there have been articles that the CC company I have refused ammo purchases but never heard that they would call up and cancel orders. That is one possibility... but how would they know that the order was still pending and not already fulfilled? BTW - I have purchased ammo and magazine recently with no denials from this CC.

Part of me wonders if it was the online seller themselves. They way they reacted to me seems off. If it was cancelled in error I would think they would offer to re-enter the order. I didn't ask them to but they also did not offer to either. I might call them back and speak to a manager about it.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Maybe the place just cant get the ammo and used that as an excuse for not filling your order.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I would look for another supplier. The stuff's for plinking, not your .50 Cal BMG, and teh quantity was not out of line either. Damn commies are infiltrating everywhere. The Red Threat is back...shades of the '50's.:eek:

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
might have done it so they could sell it for more now the wells dry. jmo

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I called back to speak to manager - the rep said that was fine but she wanted to know the order #. After punching it in she put me on hold. When she came back on she said the manager was not available and that I could leave a voicemail - which I did. I'll see if I get a call back today... not holding my breath.

·
Garandaholic
9,574 Posts
I called back to speak to manager - the rep said that was fine but she wanted to know the order #. After punching it in she put me on hold. When she came back on she said the manager was not available and that I could leave a voicemail - which I did. I'll see if I get a call back today... not holding my breath.
I'll bet they cancelled the order because they couldn't fill it.
The rep that you spoke to probably misinterpreted the order cancellation reason, that is, assumed that you cancelled it because in that person's experience they've probably rarely ever cancelled orders.
When you called back, the next person was able to figure out it was their cancel not yours
The manager was probably already on the phone with 100 other people that had the same issue.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll bet they cancelled the order because they couldn't fill it.
The rep that you spoke to probably misinterpreted the order cancellation reason, that is, assumed that you cancelled it because in that person's experience they've probably rarely ever cancelled orders.
When you called back, the next person was able to figure out it was their cancel not yours
The manager was probably already on the phone with 100 other people that had the same issue.
The cancellation reason is stated in my account on the order record as:

Order canceled per customer request

You are probably right though that they most likely cancelled it because they couldn't fill it. If that is the case though then why not just say that and offer to provide a similar product or apologize and give a $10 credit as a way to smooth over any bad feelings?

Will let you know if I hear back from the manager. Probably will call again in a couple of hours with the hope of avoiding giving my order number so I can get past the pre-screening.

·
Registered
33 Posts
So earlier in the month I ordered 5 boxes of .22 Federal ammo from Ableammo - a total of around 1600 rounds. I assumed they were backordered so it would take a couple of weeks to fill. Today I got an email saying I had cancelled the order. I immediately called up and was told that I (or someone on my behalf) had called and cancelled my order. When I told her no I hadn't she said that as long as someone had the order number, my name and asked to cancel it they would.

That is pretty freaky since nobody would have had access to my acct info - not even immediate family???
Report this to the BATFE-Cabela's Gun Library in PA had a case a few years ago, a customer bought by credit card on their web site. He had both a valid FFL and C&R on file with that store, as he had ordered from them before. After a week with no shipping notice, he contacted the Gun Library manager- who told him the gun had been stolen, and his credit card account was credit back with the amount- This was a Winchester Pigeon grade- he had e-photos and the serial number, and he assumed that the theft had been reported to the police and BATFE by Cabelas. Not so- the Gun Library manager voided the sale, and sold it privately to a close friend instead- and never reported the supposed theft- The man who ordered the shotgun notified the police Dept. in that PA town, plus the State Police and also the BATFE-- who finally traced the sale of the shotgun down- Cabela's paid him double the purchase price of the gun he had bought in good faith, and the Gun Library manager there not only lost his job, he was also facing some serious felony charges-- You were screwed by this ammo dealer, they should have told you they were out of stock, instead they diddled with you, which is fraud, and they should by hung by the balls from the chandelier of the Hotel Ritz--the only way these crooks, and the scalpers who have tried to exploit the tragedy of Newtown CT on their re-pricing of ammo- is to deliver a good swift kick to their groin--

·
Registered
18,740 Posts
that reminds me of soemthing that kinda happened to me one time.

i was waiting for a gun to show up from a delivery service? ( ups? fedex? ) dunno.. it was a long time ago.

delivery time passed.. i called customer service... they said the package was lost. I started asking for contact info, and told them I had to report the theft or loss of the GUN inside that 'lost' box to the ATF, and needed a contact name and info for when the ATF would call them.

I was put on hold for a few minutes. they 'FOUND' the package and were going to send the driver my way.

go figure... :(

Report this to the BATFE-Cabela's Gun Library in PA had a case a few years ago, a customer bought by credit card on their web site. He had both a valid FFL and C&R on file with that store, as he had ordered from them before. After a week with no shipping notice, he contacted the Gun Library manager- who told him the gun had been stolen, and his credit card account was credit back with the amount- This was a Winchester Pigeon grade- he had e-photos and the serial number, and he assumed that the theft had been reported to the police and BATFE by Cabelas. Not so- the Gun Library manager voided the sale, and sold it privately to a close friend instead- and never reported the supposed theft- The man who ordered the shotgun notified the police Dept. in that PA town, plus the State Police and also the BATFE-- who finally traced the sale of the shotgun down- Cabela's paid him double the purchase price of the gun he had bought in good faith, and the Gun Library manager there not only lost his job, he was also facing some serious felony charges-- You were screwed by this ammo dealer, they should have told you they were out of stock, instead they diddled with you, which is fraud, and they should by hung by the balls from the chandelier of the Hotel Ritz--the only way these crooks, and the scalpers who have tried to exploit the tragedy of Newtown CT on their re-pricing of ammo- is to deliver a good swift kick to their groin--

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
The kind of shenanigans mentioned here, is why I avoid on-line purchasing of anything if I possibly can. Just ain't worth it. Plus, I prefer to give my money to local folks anyway.

·
Registered
18,740 Posts
i prefer local 'in hand / touch it' purchase as well.. sometimes it just ain't possible though..

·
Registered
9,415 Posts
The reason your order was cancelled is most likely the price of the ammo went up (to benefit them) and so the employee who pulled the plug on your order simply typed in that reason. They know you are just a number and so I am sure that 1000's of customers orders were canceled in the same way your order was cancelled. It does not matter what caliber it is or was, it's about the fact that they only have so much ammo and so they opt to cancel all waiting orders which forces you to reorder at the inflated prices.

Reload, reload, reload.

·
Premium Member
21,011 Posts
Highboy he ordered .22. Pretty hard to reload that. Where can he get the dies?:lmao2:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts