The Firearms Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
My LGS is selling 9mm for $35 a box, was a 6 box max until a couple days ago now its 2 box max. I let go of 42 boxes for the equivalent of $28 a box in a gun trade deal. I paid about $8.50 a box for them about 10 years ago. I'll just fire up the press and make some more

·
Registered
385 Posts
Watching an Auction online yesterday. I believe it is 900 rounds of Lake City M855 5.56 in an ammo can. It was at apprx. $1250 and still going last I looked. (It had 34 bids.) Unbelievable.

Glad I am not in need of purchasing any ammunition just now. The only thing I could use more of is .44mag and .270.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I wouldn't of minded if the gougers just stuck to folks for 10% it's that 300% screw job that hurts !!!!!!!!! I reload and just thought I was prepared , with the way this election has gone wished I had stocked way more then what I got . Shooting has just done when I have to use a new powder I have cause the go to ones are being saved or getting low .
Was that from the manufacturers or from gougers?
Gun owners that don't reload have learned a valuable lesson ,

·
Premium Member
12,333 Posts
It seems pretty simple to me. Don't pay the prices.

Reactions: joe45c

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
There is NO gouging----repeat NONE,,,,,,wait 6 months and you'll see why ammo is non-existant.

·
Premium Member
19,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
A LGS around here has everything in stock. No limits. The prices are ridiculous. $79 for 100 rounds of 9mm, 50 rounds are $40. 45acp about the same. 223 is over $1 a round. They even have 22 lr in 50 round boxes.

This is how it ended last time. Once this ammo starts showing up everywhere prices start to drop. I had a box of 9mm that had a price of $29 on it that I bought in the last ammo shortage. If nothing big happens I think ammo prices will be more reasonable in 3 to 6 months.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts