1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I look for taxes on everything for Sportsman & Shooters. Time to stock up on reloading supplies like bullets & brass. Couple years back, I got all the primers and powder my grandkids will ever need for hunting; so much peace & relief. Now, I'm working on bullets & brass. No joke, I've passed on some decent guns I would have bought; chose to put the money into reloading supplies before prices make it unavailable.

·
TFF Chaplain
23,370 Posts
Over here the police have set the amount of ammo I can have on hand--1500 .22, 600 rounds of each of my other calibers. I can purchase a max of 1000 .22 and 500 of each of the other calibers. I can buy as many non-expanding heads as I want; expanding heads count as live ammo and count toward my total. I can get as much powder, cases, heads, and primers as I want; just can't have any more made up rounds than my certificate allows. Black powder shooting is all components, so no particular limits on those. In order to get primers I need to show my fire arms certificate; other components I can just get. Primer purchases are not recorded. Live amunition is recorded on my firearms certificate and in the store log book. The police check the store log book on a regular basis. They also get a look at my attendance at my gun club--how much I've been shooting what, because I sign in every time I'm there and list what guns I've been shooting. That proves to them that I am shooting the guns I have and so have a good reason for having them.

That's life in one of the most highly regulated fire arms countries in Europe.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Over here the police have set the amount of ammo I can have on hand--1500 .22, 600 rounds of each of my other calibers. I can purchase a max of 1000 .22 and 500 of each of the other calibers. I can buy as many non-expanding heads as I want; expanding heads count as live ammo and count toward my total. I can get as much powder, cases, heads, and primers as I want; just can't have any more made up rounds than my certificate allows. Black powder shooting is all components, so no particular limits on those. In order to get primers I need to show my fire arms certificate; other components I can just get. Primer purchases are not recorded. Live amunition is recorded on my firearms certificate and in the store log book. The police check the store log book on a regular basis. They also get a look at my attendance at my gun club--how much I've been shooting what, because I sign in every time I'm there and list what guns I've been shooting. That proves to them that I am shooting the guns I have and so have a good reason for having them.

That's life in one of the most highly regulated fire arms countries in Europe.
This aint no joke ive seen his permit in person.I was waiting for you to tell this story.I was gonna post about it but I couldnt remember everything so I didnt try to tell it and make a mistake.Im glad you shared.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
People have got to write, call, and visit their congressmen and senators - both State and Federal. Let them know how you feel. Support the NRA and all other gun rights organizations. Everyone must get actively involved.

If everyone just sets around wringing their hands and complaining on forums gun laws will be passed. The only way it can be stopped is if everyone that believes in the second amendment lets the law makers know how they feel, where their money will be spent and how they will vote.

You must actively support the second amendment supporters with your time and your money. Law makers that do not support our constitution must be voted out of office. That will take work and dedication by those who believe the second amendment means what it says.

Don't just set around and complain do something. Go to your congressman's office, call them, write them and tell others to do the same.

·
Registered
761 Posts
That will be lame.... If it happens.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
22,661 Posts
rajbcpa, If you live in NY it looks like you will need to get a background ck. I'm going to pick up some powder and primers tomorrow i'll probably pick up some .22mags too just to put the system to the test. I can imagine the shop owner can't love this new law either!

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Stock up on components, and get started in bullet casting!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Super Moderator
31,891 Posts
It's not that difficult and cost will be determined by your set up. Hop over to castboolits.com and have a look around.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Casting bullets is easy and fun to do, I have been doing it a while now and selling to forum members on the Marlin owners forum. The big thing is what alloy you will get and where. Lead Wheel weights are getting so scarce its not funny and the only other real option is a place like rotometals.com but they are pretty expensive, so are good quality molds but if you take the price of alloy at rotometals 2.98 per lb and cast 350gr bullets you can get 20 bullets per lb. a cost of 15 cents per, if you are casting for a much lighter bullet the cost goes down.... 7000gr in 1 lb / by the number of grains per bullet.

It still beats buying factory rounds!!

Doc

·
Registered
417 Posts
I live in the Channel Islands, British but not part of the UK or EU.Our own Govts etc.The largest Island is Jersey,their gun rules are similar to yours,except for full auto & tank busters or similar.population approx 110,000.Then there is my Island Guernsey,You can have all the handguns you can store safely that you want,no semi auto rifles except 22 lr.and NO ammo at home.except shotgun cartridges. you can only buy it and use it on an approved range.population approx 70,000. This law only came into effect in 1997,prior to that tim,e there had only been 2 murders involving firearms since approx the 1930s, Alderney, no semi auto rifles except 22lr.but you can keep ammo at home.population 2,200 approx. Sark approx 600, gun rules like Alderney. We in Guernsey have got used to the ammo ban by now, but do feel a bit as if we are singled out as not being as trustworthy as the other Islands.Still its better than what UK shooters have to put up with.

·
Premium Member
34,364 Posts
Folks, guns don't kill, bullets do! When the left gets going this is where "gun control" is headed! An AR 15 with no bullets is a best a very ineffective club!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.