Ammo shortage

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 22dave, Apr 27, 2009.

1. 22dave

22dave New Member

No .357 to be found in NJ. 9mm getting short also. I am sure the problem is people (like me) who buy two boxes and only shoot one. Next time, I am going to buy 6 boxes and shoot one. Sorry but I don't want to own a gun that I cannot get rounds for.

2. carver

carver Moderator Supporting Member

IMHO, I think the manufactuers are creating this shortage of ammo, much like the oil Ind. did back in the 70's. Cut back on production, and claim that there isn't enough material to keep up with manufactoring. Then when everyone is about to go crazy for ammo, restock the shelves with ammo that costs three or four times as much as it did before Obama. Let's wait and see if I'm worng!

3. 38 special

38 special New Member

I went to a gun show to get some 9mm hollow points (the one cartridge I dont reload).Cheapest they had were115 grain for 35$ a box of 50!

4. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

Oh, that's obscene!!!! I gotta say this much about walmart ammo... they did go up a little on their 9mm ammo from $8 something to $10 something but they've not bumped it that high!!!

Some of those vendors at gunshows are a littly nutty...

mike
    gn

5. 358 winchester

358 winchester New Member

Mike I must disagree with you on the last line.
    Some of those vendors at the gun shows are totally nuts
    :mad:

6. 38 special

38 special New Member

Ive definitely got to check out Walmart now -thanks

7. PPK 32

PPK 32 Active Member

Maybe a little beyond nuts at gun shows--try 38 bucks for a box of 9mm!!! I had to double check the price, thats what he wanted!! Wanting is one thing getting is quite another. This is the first gun show I have gone to that ammo was ridiculous, and I have been going to them on a regular basis, all winter. I did manage to locate a box of factory ammo 38 special, 18 for a box of 50. Normally I pay 15-16 bucks a box. 19 bucks a brick of .22 HP Federal--13 bucks at Wally's. Some of these vendors are something else.