The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As with any other commodity that speculators try to cash in on, I'm glad to see that people are slowing down on the binge buying at any price of AR ammo. Just like grandma selling a few old coins, I've seen individuals make a little off some ammo laying around they no longer have a use for. It's unfortunate though to see dealers or retailers selling at auctions with starting or reserve prices that are double what retail was 4 weeks ago. If the market will bear these high prices, which it has in the hysteria, why the high reserves? Because they're greedy and want to exploit the current situation at the expense of the very people they earn their living from. Don't fall for it brothers and sisters. Things will settle down, and if they don't and you have to pay a little extra, try and remember who was trying to rip you when the chips were down.

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
I don't think you'll see ammo prices come down much. Expecially once whatever alphebet agency regs it to death. I've said it for along time this is the way they'll go, just control the ammo and you control the guns, to a degree.

I don't worry much about it. I seen the writing on the wall and was packing it away well before any of the recent shootings. People that used to call me an ammo horder now call me asking if i'd sell any. ;)

·
Banned
284 Posts
Here at MATT'S MASSIVE MUNITIONS MART were havin' a BIG SALE!!! WE'VE GOT EVERYTHING FROM WAD CUTTERS TO WATER, AND SHOTGUN SHELLS TO SH*TPAPER!!!

Just feeling out a new ad. Ya never know. No, really. Ya never know.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Just got back from Walmart. Shelfs were pretty bare. Most had either 1 box or none available but there were 3 boxes of 100 Winchester .45 Auto FMJ. Price is only up about a dollar more than what it used to be. Only had enough in my budget to take one home.

·
Registered
19,182 Posts
it's going to take a while for the backlog to catch up.. when ammo hits shelves.. people who were unprepaired and went without will glut on it causing a secondary temporary shortage and run on it again.. this will renew the primary panic.. and this will ebb and flow like this for weeks till peoples comfort level of personal supply stabilizes with store shelf stock. I predict at least a month if not more of issues...

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
I'm gonna call B.S. on this one. Capitalism IS suppy and demand. You got a problem with how much someone is charging for something; don't buy it.

Price controls, the likes we've seen in history, simply leads to empty shelves, because no one wants to part with what is now worth more then it was in the past.

I'm not getting on a 'greed is good' speech here I'm just defending capitalism, you don't like it; then you do as you see fit.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
it's going to take a while for the backlog to catch up.. when ammo hits shelves.. people who were unprepaired and went without will glut on it causing a secondary temporary shortage and run on it again.. this will renew the primary panic.. and this will ebb and flow like this for weeks till peoples comfort level of personal supply stabilizes with store shelf stock. I predict at least a month if not more of issues...
I agree. Pretty standard market behavior for nearly anything. The one thing that can really throw a wrench in the works is runaway inflation.

·
Armed Infidel
1,470 Posts
Was at Cabelas in Hamburg PA on Sat and they had pretty good supply of everything except .22 LR (which is what I just bought). I bought two more boxes of .40 S&W and they had lots of .45 and 9mm Luger etc. The 9mm Luger was $14 per box and they had loads of it on shelves and in aisle displays etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.